Home Forums Marketing mastery Selling a company for the value of its name

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    pke81885
    • Total posts: 1

Hi all,
    I am thinking about winding up a company that’s no longer trading. Since it was first incorporated I’ve been contacted a once or twice a year by people who want to buy it for its catchy name. Since there seems to be some demand for the name I’d rather list it for sale than deregister it and get nothing. Does anyone know if there’s a way I can do this?

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,119

Welcome to Flying Solo.

Hopefully somebody will be along shortly to answer your question.

Cheers

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,472
    pke81885, post: 268741, member: 112345 wrote:
    Hi all,
    I am thinking about winding up a company that’s no longer trading. Since it was first incorporated I’ve been contacted a once or twice a year by people who want to buy it for its catchy name. Since there seems to be some demand for the name I’d rather list it for sale than deregister it and get nothing. Does anyone know if there’s a way I can do this?

Why don’t you approach the people who have already asked you

JamesMillar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,675
    pke81885, post: 268741, member: 112345 wrote:
    Hi all,

You might struggle to sell the company because the buyers might inherit any potential past / latent liabilities. So despite the fact that you may tell them there are none they won’t know for sure.

JoyfulJessica
    • Total posts: 5

You could sell the domain or social media assets (do you have the Facebook page for the name?)

SamsonWho
    • Total posts: 4

I know you could try to list your domain name on websites like flippa

businesstrade
    Participant
    • Total posts: 210

What type of industry was your business in?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.