Home – New Forums Money matters Selling Big Business With Aussie Taxation?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    GSanders12
    • Total posts: 201
    Up
    ::

Given the recent sale in the US of Tumblr by Yahoo for 1.1B.. how would tax in Australia work when selling a business of that magnitude?

My question is one that I always wondered for Australian business taxations.. If a service business was to be sold for 100 Million Dollars & the founder had 100% ownership.. what would he/she gain in NET after all taxes & fees for selling the 100M company?

Mark Jeffreson
    • Total posts: 36
    Up

$100 million less legal team costs = not much.

Seriously, it depends on so many things that question is impossible to answer. These include the way the asset-holding was structured and the dissection of proceeds against the capital costs.

This is where good tax advice at the outset can really pay dividends later.

Cheers
    Mark

MH08
    • Total posts: 284
    Up

From experience, colleague of mine sold his trucking empire for $350M.

Tax – 15%
    Legal fees are 1.5% of the value.
    and Sundry expenses to the sale are around 3%.

My company structure is based on the same structure as company’s worth in excess of $100M+, children in the family own houses at 1% of a trust structure to limit tax, and everyone is paid out of a pyramid (parent company) trust structure and keeps getting diluted through SMSF with less than 4 members, with the SMSF purchasing property that is real estate and not for commercial use. This is why the rich stay rich, there families work like dynasties and they all play a part as financial instruments.

Then we use convertible bonds within companies for family to invest into the companies and receive what is similar to a reverse mortgage, but through a company.

They also keep private equity firms that perform financial services for them and are paid to hide more of their funds. It works out to pay a financial controller 3% of your funds to be managed compared to paying 30% where he can reduce it down to 15%.

There’s a huge difference from a professional accountant to financial controller with experience in banking and finance.

Google just got caught doing this, Google was caught only paying (don’t quote me) around $170K something only, difference with them is that they are a public company and it’s easier to trace.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.