Home – New Forums Starting your journey Selling Ebooks Online – Insurance question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ezyav
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi

I’m looking to sell ‘how to’ e-books on-line and was wondering whether you need insurance like public liability or are legal disclaimers sufficient?

Cheers
    ezyav

Hugh Thyer
    • Total posts: 159
    Up

Depends what you’re selling and the advice you’re giving.

shamsuthbegum
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

hi…
    It is based on the type of books…Yes, at least you need public liability.
    Thanks..
    ……………

nimmysnv
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

It is totally depends on what you are actually providing through the E books as, I have not seen that there will be any issues regarding the insurance.

First of all you need to target the relevant field from where there is a chances of getting more response, then only it will be beneficial for you in getting more sales for the E books.

thanks

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

I’ve written how-to ebooks for my industry (Virtual Assistant) and it’s been based entirely on my own experience. No, I’ve not had to do anything about insurance and I do encourage readers to keep researching and find out what works for them. I have received a lot of thank you emails, letters and cards from readers.

Lis Sowerbutts
    • Total posts: 50
    Up

You probably want a disclaimer on each book – something along the lines this is not medical/legal/relevant authority advice – but is purely for entertainment purposes do your own research blah blah.

I do this all the time and do not hold any type of liability insurance – after all remember almost all your buyers will be overseas – find a good disclamer that should cover you – also useful for websites promoting the same

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.