Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Selling Hampers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BellaBibby
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum and i tried to look for a similar topic but I couldn’t find one…

I am wanting to sell little hampers online. I want to get a range of different products but I want to know the rules on selling on products you by at the markets or in stores?

I know rules change from state to state (i am in Vic) but any info would be great!

Thank you

BellaBibby

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi BellaBibby,

Welcome aboard the forums!

I can’t answer your question, but I’d imagine that it would help to mention the types of products you’re selling. Just to help our members give you the most relevant advice.

Good luck and thanks for joining us. :)

Dave

RachelWrites
    • Total posts: 81
    Up

Just to clarify – do you want to know if it’s a legal issue to add other people’s products to your hampers? I.e.: like a product “copyright” sort of thing?

I don’t think this is a problem (is this the sort of thing you mean?), however it might be a little cost-prohibitive.

If you pay retail price, and then sell the product yourself, you will need to mark it up to the point that it might not be worth the customer’s money to buy it.

You would be much better off sourcing local, unique products (i.e.: from markets, small online stores, trade shows, etc) and discussing wholesale pricing with them. Buy a range of them at wholesale, put them together as a hamper and the profit will be much more worth your while.

The products will also be more unique and harder for the customer to find elsewhere :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.