Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Selling Into Bunnings & Woolworths

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Grey2088
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi Folks,
    Hope everyone is well. I’m working on a proposal to see some unique gardenware items in Bunnings and Woolworths.
    Haven’t done it before and was wondering if anyone had thoughts around what my mark up and selling price should be. Iguess I’m trying to work backwards and figure what they would retail the items for but not sure what their mark up is…Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Have a great afternoon!
    Thanks,
    Grey

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Grey2088, post: 271311, member: 119511 wrote:
    Hi Folks,
    Hope everyone is well. I’m working on a proposal to see some unique gardenware items in Bunnings and Woolworths.
    Haven’t done it before and was wondering if anyone had thoughts around what my mark up and selling price should be. Iguess I’m trying to work backwards and figure what they would retail the items for but not sure what their mark up is…Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Have a great afternoon!
    Thanks,
    Grey
    There was a post on here about 12 months ago, asking a similar question, hit the search button above. But either way they both want them at the cheapest possible price with a huge mark up for them, and zero for you. Plus they will want extra large quantities
    Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

Adding to what Bert has said, they will also drop you on little notice no matter what your contract says, especially Woolies. There is also the issue of insisting you pay for any store promotion they run on your product.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up
    Hi Folks,
    Have a great afternoon!
    Thanks,
    Grey
    Hi Grey,

One option is to start with smaller retailers, so you can work out your pricing and then approach the larger ones when you’re better prepared. Plus that way if your products are selling you have something more attractive to offer them.

Good luck!
    Dave

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    Hi Folks,
    Have a great afternoon!
    Thanks,
    Grey

Curious, have you thought about reaching out to them to understand their process?

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.