Home – New Forums Tech talk Selling Online Products by Subscription

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Fat Zebra
    • Total posts: 58
    Up
    ::

The e-commerce subscription model is building some real hype and people are coming up with creative ways to sell things, that have not traditionally been sold by subscription.

Is there anyone here that is currently running this model? If so, which platform/cart have you chosen to do so and why? What issues have you faced?

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Fat Zebra,

We put a shout out on Facebook about this for you, and have received at least one response. You can keep track of the thread here.

Cheers,
    Jayne

thewpguy
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Hi Fat Zebra,

I helped a Flying Solo member Maria Pantalone setup a subscription based online business writing training course where the user gets 3 months access to the content.

http://infinitegrowth.com.au/selfstudy-program/

Kind regards,
    Tony

Fat Zebra
    Up
    thewpguy, post: 119201 wrote:
    Hi Fat Zebra,

I helped a Flying Solo member Maria Pantalone setup a subscription based online business writing training course where the user gets 3 months access to the content.

http://infinitegrowth.com.au/selfstudy-program/

Kind regards,
    Tony

Thanks Tony,

Did you use wordpress for this?

thewpguy
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    Fat Zebra, post: 119223 wrote:
    Thanks Tony,

Did you use wordpress for this?

Yes it was build with WordPress with a membership plugin that has a built in shopping cart that has the time limit option to automatically stop access after a set period. After logging in to the members area a 2nd row of menu items appears with the various offerings available after signing up.

This is another high traffic WordPress website I also built has a membership area for exclusive content packages for 3 months.
    http://naturaltransition.com/members/registration/
    I have to say that the owner and her partner of this website have worked very hard to make it a success and you could learn a lot from them if you got in contact with Julie via the contact page.

My Wedding Concierge
    • Total posts: 109
    Up

You know that PayPal has a pretty easy subscription/payment system that is super simple to integration into a website. Maybe that could be worth a look?

It’s certainly easy to take payment from credit cards or people who want to pay using their paypal account too…

Fat Zebra
    Up

Thanks My Wedding Concierge,

We currently offer Subscription Billing with our product, however are wanting to know what platform (Shopping Cart, CRM etc) people are using to do this?

PayPal is a good payment platform for those processing lower levels of transactions, however we see subscription selling as a growing trend and are interested to see how many people/businesses are playing in this space.

Thanks,

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Terence,

Maria is also a regular contributor to Flying Solo, and has written some great articles for us about communication skills over the years.

You can check them out here, if you’re interested.

All the best,
    Jayne

mariap
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

The membership site that Tony built for me is easy to use which my clients like (as do I). Depending on the situation, it can generate passwords or I can set them up myself – I’ve used both options and the flexibility of it suits my business needs. I love it.

Maria

Patocaballo
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

We are using wordpress and paypal for http://www.petcombos.com

As a start up it was a simple and affordable solution, and so far is working well.

markn
    • Total posts: 103
    Up

I have a SAAS (software-as-a-service) that is doing OK. I built it myself using a combination of PHP, Javascript, MySQL and a US based credit payment processor. It runs largely hands-off and is much more profitable in terms of hours per $ compared with my traditional download-and-install software products. My real issue is that people don’t want to pay subscription fees and like the idea of downloading, buying and owning my software. Of course other product areas are quite different.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.