Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Selling remaining stock and the business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    hipindustries
    • Total posts: 18
    Up
    ::

We own a bags business and we are looking to sell off the remaining stock we have. The reason for selling the remaining stock is because one of us is starting a new business and we just don’t have the time left to continue the bags business.

We have about 180 bags remaining and since the start of the year we have been selling about 1-2 a week despite not putting in any marketing effort.

We have contacted 25 retailers about selling the bags at a large discount and we almost managed to sold the bags to one of them but they pulled out at the last minute. We also contacted some auction companies, but we are looking for more than the 10% of RRP as suggested by some of them.

Do you have any advice for us to sell all the bags out in one go? We can continue selling a couple a week, but would prefer to sell them all to one party for a discounted price.

Any referrals would be welcome too.

Vilson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 184
    Up

Hi hip,

where are you based in and where is your all stock?

Create Online Test or Quiz on ScoreBell
    hipindustries
    Up

We are based in Melbourne and our bags are stocked here too.

Brooke Curline
    • Total posts: 120
    Up

Hi ,
    I am a sales agent supplying lots of big on-line partners and your stock is exactly what I look for ! If you are keen to discuss exactly how I can help you, please contact me. I will need images and your very BEST price.
    Hope to hear from you.
    Brooke Curline

hipindustries, post: 117631 wrote:
    We own a bags business and we are looking to sell off the remaining stock we have. The reason for selling the remaining stock is because one of us is starting a new business and we just don’t have the time left to continue the bags business.

We have about 180 bags remaining and since the start of the year we have been selling about 1-2 a week despite not putting in any marketing effort.

We have contacted 25 retailers about selling the bags at a large discount and we almost managed to sold the bags to one of them but they pulled out at the last minute. We also contacted some auction companies, but we are looking for more than the 10% of RRP as suggested by some of them.

Do you have any advice for us to sell all the bags out in one go? We can continue selling a couple a week, but would prefer to sell them all to one party for a discounted price.

Any referrals would be welcome too.

freewebhosts.com.au
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

Do you have a website to go with the handbag business?

it would easier to sell that way.

hipindustries
    Up

Yes, we have a website to go with the bags. It’s at http://www.hipindustries.com

Brooke, I send you a PM.

hipindustries
    Up

Is there anyone who has some ideas/suggestions/referrals?

NathanB
    Participant
    • Total posts: 775
    Up

Hi Hip

Perhaps it may be worth investigating doing a catchoftheday.com.au deal (if you haven’t already).

Or rather than try and sell of all the bags, maybe sell of the entire business on a website like http://www.flippa.com or http://www.sitepoint.com

There may be some Australian based website business sites out there if you have a look, I am not 100% sure.

It’s a shame you are finishing this business up, I think your website it quite good and your products seem nice and reasonably priced.

australianbusinesss
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Could you please mention the details regarding quantity and price?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.