Home – New Forums Selling online Selling to EU

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    B4K
    • Total posts: 30
    Up
    ::

Good morning!

I have a quick question. Does anyone have experience in selling goods to customers in Europe? I am selling children clothes online and have someone from Croatia who would like to purchase couple of items. How do I go about taxes, especially VAT? (I am not registered for GST.)

Any advise would be appreciated :-)

Have a great day

Elena

Cat – GLC
    • Total posts: 440
    Up

Hi Elena,

It would really depend on the value of the goods you are sending to Croatia.

A good site for some basic general information if you haven’t already had a look at it is Total Croatia.

“Postal customs declaration for shipments with value under 5,000 kuna (the 10% tax will apply); if the shipment is partially exempted from duty, for example the 300 kuna personal threshold; or for purchases of goods abroad to the value of 5,000 kuna which can be considered as personal use. The invoice must be enclosed with the declaration. In practice, this procedure is often fulfilled by a forwarding agent.

When the postal shipment is received by a legal person (company), one of the following must be submitted:

A Statement on the nature of the imported goods, provided the value does not exceed 3,000 kuna and the goods are not limited by any special restrictions.”

Cheers

Cat :)

B4K
    • Total posts: 30
    Up

Thanks so much, Cat!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.