Home – New Forums Tech talk Sending bulk emails

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    ExecAccess
    • Total posts: 229
    Up
    ::

Hi All

Up until now I have been manually sending my customer update emails. I send 45 at a time using the “bcc” field as I was told some time ago that emails addressed to more than 50 recipients are treated as junk by spam filters (old wive’s tale?).

Any recommendations on cheap or free software that would make my life easier without it being treated as spam?

Thanks in advance.

Cooke Consulting
    • Total posts: 122
    Up

Hi,

You may want to consider using something like Vertical Response. They are quite cheap and have a great array of templates & tracking tools so you can get better vision of who is opening, clicking, buying etc etc from your emails.

Cheers,

J

John C.
    • Total posts: 439
    Up

There are a lot of reasons why emails may be caught by a spam filter, these include, amongst many others:

• The number of recipients
    • The domain of the sender
    • Words used (words such as “free”, “sex”, “make money online”, etc
    • Formatting used

It’s a good idea for business marketing emails to be sent via mailing list managers. Some examples include MailChimp, Aweber and Constant Contact. I personally prefer MailChimp, as it’s free for many users and does an outstanding job.

These mailing list managers have a variety of tools that help you build and manage your mailing list, and also to predict whether a particular email you’re trying to send is likely to be picked up by spam filters. These companies rely on being able to send many tens of thousands of emails per day, and so do everything in their power to ensure that those emails get through. They also have great templates and tools to help you write engaging emails that meet the relevant anti-spam regulations.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
    John

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

Can mailchimp help? I am not expert, but I think Mailchimp is something most people use for bulk emails?

Mandrake
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

One of my email account was blocked by the provider because I sent more than 100 emails within a 24 hour period, it’s more than old wives tale.

ExecAccess, post: 121972 wrote:
    Hi All

Up until now I have been manually sending my customer update emails. I send 45 at a time using the “bcc” field as I was told some time ago that emails addressed to more than 50 recipients are treated as junk by spam filters (old wive’s tale?).

Any recommendations on cheap or free software that would make my life easier without it being treated as spam?

Thanks in advance.

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

how big is your list? you can send 10 and it will trigger junk mail if you use one of 50+ words that shouldn’t be used e.g free and guarantee.

mailchimp is fine but if you are serious about generating sales, you can’t look past infusion soft. it will automate your sales, marketing, payment, follow ups, etc

next one down is aweber and then icontact. again, it comes down to how much you value email marketing, how well you want o automate it and Wether you want to maximise delivery rates.

If 10% of your emails are going to spam because you use mailchimp and words that are a big “no-no”, how much revenue are you losing?

ExecAccess
    • Total posts: 229
    Up

Thank you so much to everyone for your responses.

I will certainly look into these suggestions.

The list (actually lists because there are two different business streams) isn’t huge, but its growing. I think there is about 1500 on one list and about 800 on the other.

I only send out emails monthly on one and about 6 weekly on the other.

Thanks again :)

BarefootMaternity
    • Total posts: 99
    Up

I use Campaign Monitor. You can pay per campaign or monthly, view newsletter opens, shares etc, have your subscriber lists managed within campaign monitor and link to google analytics.
    Initially it took some time to do my template (there are lots of ready made ones you can choose from), and set up my subscibers, but now thats done, sending a weekly email is easy – and affordable.

jacksonalsop
    • Total posts: 41
    Up

AgentMail is spot on the money.

Have a look at MailChimp; it’s an excellent solution for bulk emails. It’s free, too. http://mailchimp.com/

marnieb
    • Total posts: 159
    Up

Mailchimp. Without a doubt. :)

ExecAccess, post: 121972 wrote:
    Hi All

Thanks in advance.

My Wedding Concierge
    • Total posts: 109
    Up

Why don’t you upload a database of your customers into something like mailchimp? I have used it a for a while and it is excellent!

My Wedding Concierge
    • Total posts: 109
    Up

Sorry I didn’t realise mailchimp had already been suggested…

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

phpList is also a popular choice.

Steve

Vilson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 184
    Up

we are using http://www.constantcontact.com/ and it is Nice.

Create Online Test or Quiz on ScoreBell
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.