Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Sending Follow-up Emails – after some opinions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Myshopsshop
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I am after some opinions in regards to sending follow-up emails.

As a business owner do you view them as annoying or as a courteous reminder?

I’m coming from the perspective that some potential clients are soloists themselves and sending a second reply to their enquiry might remind them they wanted to get on board, but they were sidetracked with other things to do! 😮

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

No harm in it I reckon, so long as you only do it once. More than once is a different story though…

EthanBBB
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

I find that one follow up email is acceptable. I know that when I start to receive more than one email without responding, it then becomes over the top. People do forget about things so I think one follow up is definitely acceptable.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

anoying, if I deleted it the first time I will delete it the subsequent times. or if its in my think about it or to be actioned pile, its in there for a reason, I dont need a second copy and you have most probably lost me for filling my inbox with another copy. Nothing worse then someone who repeat sends an email.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Myshopsshop, post: 198452 wrote:
    Hi all,

I’m coming from the perspective that some potential clients are soloists themselves and sending a second reply to their enquiry might remind them they wanted to get on board, but they were sidetracked with other things to do! 😮What sort of follow up email?

Really need some more details to who you are following up about.

Cheers,

Matt

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

It comes down to the journey that people take when they are deciding to do business with you.

Do they take a long time or is one prompt enough – perhaps following up until you are asked not to is ok.

Think about your potential clients and that may help you to decide.

bb1
    Participant
    Up
    MissSassy, post: 198531 wrote:
    – perhaps following up until you are asked not to is ok.

Thats whats called harrasement

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

NO bb1

Harassment – As defined is aggressive pressure or intimidation and that is not what I suggested.

bb1
    Participant
    Up
    MissSassy, post: 198539 wrote:
    NO bb1

Harassment – As defined is aggressive pressure or intimidation and that is not what I suggested.

Harrasement – the act or an instance of harassing, or disturbing, pestering, or troubling repeatedly; persecution:

To me “perhaps following up until you are asked not to is ok.” is actually pestering and/or troubling repeatedly.

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Hi Ed

As you can see, while opinion may differ, it’s clear that great caution is needed!

Personally, I tend to use a subject line like ‘Courtesy follow up’ to clearly flag the nature of the email and as I think you intimated, two follow ups would not seem unreasonable to me.

Robert

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

Most people are inundated with enough inbox bombardment as it is. Less is better as a general rule when it comes to email follow ups.
    The exception to the rule is a prospect that isn’t too busy, and is hanging out for your emails to help them through the sales process. These guys are a minority.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

We still don’t have enough info to make a call.

What stage of the sale process is this?

I know that if have meet with the prospect and have a done a proposal. I will follow them up until I get an answer.

If someone send though a single email, I will call, then send a follow up, and then a month or so later send another one if .I have not heard

Joel Krause
    • Total posts: 103
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 198546 wrote:
    I know that if have meet with the prospect and have a done a proposal. I will follow them up until I get an answer.

If someone send though a single email, I will call, then send a follow up, and then a month or so later send another one if .I have not heard
    This is generally what I do. I don’t go over the top, though. I will wait a few weeks to a month before sending another email, just as a friendly reminder, really.

Cheers
    Joel

Myshopsshop
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Thanks to all for offering your opinions.

My follow-up email will only be sent to those that were meant to get back to me. I am not a pushy kind of person and don’t want it to ever seem that way.

From reading replies I think I’ve decided it is okay to do as long as I make it clear that it is a follow-up email and will not be a frequent email they will receive.

The Barefoot Marketer
    • Total posts: 61
    Up
    Myshopsshop, post: 198452 wrote:
    Hi all,

I’m coming from the perspective that some potential clients are soloists themselves and sending a second reply to their enquiry might remind them they wanted to get on board, but they were sidetracked with other things to do! 😮

Hi Ed

It all comes down to the value of your follow ups, not the frequency. If are just saying “Are you ready to buy yet”? each time you follow up, this will get annoying very fast.

Alternatively if you provide high value info that is exactly what your prospects are looking for then gently lead them into the next step in your slaes funnel you will get 2 completely different responses.

Also you shouldn’t worry too much about the people who aren;t hot prospects and get annoyed when you follow up. You want to focus on providing extreme value and convenience to your ideal customers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.