Home Forums Starting your journey Sending large quantities of parcels

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ems1981
    • Total posts: 25

What’s the best cost effective way of sending large amounts of sales? Is it Australia post? I will be sending parcels under 1kg and hoping to send over 100 a week. Just in Australia

Jason Ramage
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,162

Your question will require more details, such as:
    Size of parcels (not weight)
    Is your 100 per week supported, or guesses
    What post codes are they going to (same metro or other)
    How many are remote locations (EG WA remote – QLD regional – NT etc)
    Is reliability important or is it just cost
    What is your previous experience with freight
    What do you want the freight company to provide – eg tracking, links, integration etc etc

Just food for thought

Cheers

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: hello@lucasarthur.net.au   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485

To add to Lucas’s list, do you want pickup from home or do you want to drop them off at depot or PO.

Ems1981
    • Total posts: 25

The parcels will be around 20×10 cm in size.
    A few remote I’d say but mostly metro or close to metro
    No tracking needed
    No previous experience with freight.
    Drop off at depot/PO

amandacbirch
    • Total posts: 4

It depends on the type of the product you are going to send with this courier.

You see, some logistic companies are offering better conditions for the shipping of smaller packages, though some of them can give you a pretty competitive price for bigger ones.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Ems1981, post: 262785, member: 57194 wrote:
    T
    No tracking needed

Are you sure, if you read the online comments from sellers since Australia Post introduced tracking on all parcels, the number of ”lost” parcel complaints from customers have decreased. Yet on letters they still experience rates of ”lost” items.

Mischelle
    • Total posts: 805
    bb1, post: 262792, member: 53375 wrote:
    Are you sure, if you read the online comments from sellers since Australia Post introduced tracking on all parcels, the number of ”lost” parcel complaints from customers have decreased. Yet on letters they still experience rates of ”lost” items.
    I agree with Bert on this, most people expect tracking as part of the service, I know I do :) it is pretty standard with most freight providers.
    RunicConvenience
    • Total posts: 186

not having tracking is bad it leaves you and your customers in limbo knowing its shipped but no idea where or if it will ever show up

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.