Home – New Forums Tech talk SEO and website design payment issue?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Vilson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 184
    Up
    ::

Hi Friends,

I want to discuss two points for SEO and website design payment issue?

Company= website design and SEO Company

1: SEO

If any Company is Doing SEO work for Client from Last 6 months and Because of Google update, the website rank will be lost, so client can ask for all 6 month payment back?

2: website design

if any company has finished website design work and website is live now, on the last day can Client say that i am not happy with website and asking for payment back?

So what will happen in both case? who is Right?

Please Let me know your views, in well advance thanks.

Create Online Test or Quiz on ScoreBell
    Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Vilson,

In both cases you need to reference back to the offer and acceptance for each contract / job.

However, in the first case if the company has enjoyed g ranking for 6 months then loses position through no fault of your own then its hard for them to justify a complete refund.

In the second case it sounds like you have received payment for a site design, surely you would have provided an initial concept before the build for them to agree to. As such a “change of mind” is no cause for a refund.

Steve

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

Depends a bit on how the original deals were scoped and agreed to.

If I was the client;

On number one, I think I’d want my money back … sounds like someone was “gaming” the SE (if the site was penalised). I’d expect a ranking to stick if I was paying for it, and expect the SEO person to know how to do it.

On number two, a bit more subjective … depends on the involvement of the client in the development process. Why did they wait till the end to spit the dummy? I woud have been voicing dissatisfaction earlier. Probably fair to hold the money if the scope was clear and delivered.

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up
    vilson, post: 159463 wrote:
    If any Company is Doing SEO work for Client from Last 6 months and Because of Google update, the website rank will be lost, so client can ask for all 6 month payment back?

if any company has finished website design work and website is live now, on the last day can Client say that i am not happy with website and asking for payment back?

Vilson,
    With respect, if you don’t know the answers to these questions you won’t be in business very long.

You need a lawyer and training in running a business.
    Regs,
    JohnW

klix media
    • Total posts: 26
    Up
    Quote:

answer for 1 and 2 :- this both factors are decide before running project with legal agreements ..
    these are not the thing to decide after project ..

as much as i know mostly seo company wont gave you money back but they can give you is your ranking back after panda ..

in 2nd case client can refuse it but at that time client needs to pay redesigning charges ..

Meat Lover
    • Total posts: 32
    Up
    vilson, post: 159463 wrote:
    Hi Friends,

I want to discuss two points for SEO and website design payment issue?

Company= website design and SEO Company

Please Let me know your views, in well advance thanks.

Regarding question 2… The answer would certainly be a firm no… Presumably the studio has gone through various approval and sign off processes and to say you don’t like it after everything is approved doesn’t sound like it would make much sense.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.