Home – New Forums Tech talk SEO for Small Business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    MichaelDigital
    • Total posts: 140
    Up
    ::
    anddyscort02, post: 0 wrote:
    Hello members,

i am a seo expert and can provide you good seo services in small budget.

i have packages start from $200 to $500 monthly.

In these packages onsite seo and offsite seo both included.

Thank you
    Yes you an 2 million other hustlers sonny, get in line!

MichaelDigital
    Up
    Tiggerito, post: 210124 wrote:
    And after all that you can run your business ;-)

Most SMBs don’t have the time or inclination to do their own advertising, SEO and social media, citation building. Heck, it’s a hard job for me to get them to do the odd post on Facebook or write the one bit of copy I asked for.

Your tips on Local SEO are good. Again though, it takes time that most business owners don’t have. And from experience, when they do have a go they often get things wrong.

I think one should never make assumptions about what is best for a specific business. Facebook ads may work brilliant for one business but never generate a lead for another. Same with AdWords. No harm in testing both, but make sure you understand enough about them so you don’t just throw your money away. Again, I’ve taken over home-made (and professional) ad accounts that are just giving Google money.

p.s. Thanks JohnW for the endorsement :-)

Yes indeed, agreed about Facebook – I have seen some brilliant results and it does cloud your perspective – it tends to depend on how you set up your campaigns, it requires a creative flair and many biz owners don’t have either the patience, or the time to devote to studying it; works well though if you can. A/B testing is definitely essential :) And yes also to Ad words accounts that just bleed cash – once again it is a question of knowing what you are doing – so it can pay premiums for biz owners to hire good people and I suppose ‘word of mouth’ and cliques are one of the oldest means for that to occur – you only have to study the history of the ‘Masons’ to see that at work…eh?

Cesar
    • Total posts: 591
    Up
    MichaelDigital, post: 210106 wrote:
    Why the hell would you spend vast sums on Adwords – you are much better off using Facebook advertising – the demographic & market range is enormous, the technology is breathtaking for targeting precisely who sees your message (I am talking newsfeed ads, not right hand side) Geographic targeting, re-targeting. It just makes sense to use Facebook over Google right now-way cheaper and better all round.

Michael buddy,

Why the “hell not’? I use all mediums, and they work wonders for me. If you know how to drive all mediums correctly, they bring great results. I use social, adwords, citations, local targeting and so forth.

By the way, do you think Google Ads would be around if they didn’t work? Heck, that’s why Google is enormous…:D

MichaelDigital
    Up
    Cesar, post: 211290 wrote:
    Michael buddy,

Why the “hell not’? I use all mediums, and they work wonders for me. If you know how to drive all mediums correctly, they bring great results. I use social, adwords, citations, local targeting and so forth.

By the way, do you think Google Ads would be around if they didn’t work? Heck, that’s why Google is enormous…:D

What you say is true, and I have further elucidated my answer above – at the time I was looking at some FB ad results and it struck me that you can make them work-but of course it really does depend-horses for courses – as they say!
    Cheers

mypresences
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Hi Ben … I agree with some of the earlier posters that you should look at your local SEO and make sure you are appearing in the 7 pack for any keywords that are related to graphic designers in your location.

This gets you on page 1 for free for very relevant keywords and your business will be more prominent in maps as well and you will gain more exposure and business in the process.

the basics of Local SEO (it is different to organic SEO) is to get quality citations across the internet where your businesses Name, Address, Phone number and more is mentioned but you also need to make sure all this is as consistent as possible and corresponds with what it says on your website. So a little but of thought about how you want the name of your business and other details displayed online is needed at the start.

You can find places to list your graphic design business here:
    https://www.mypresences.com/services/#Graphic%20Designer_Australia

The sites more specific to graphic designers will be near the top. I would recommend showcasing your work andor listing your business at:
    Behance (for digital design)
    Dribbble (if appropriate)
    TheLoop
    OneFlare
    ServiceSeeking
    ServiceCentral
    ServiceCrowd

and then a lot of the other generic sites .. and focus on local services as well that are just for the sunshine coast as I think these are increasingly important.

There is a link directly to the “add listing” page for most services.

We can help you manage the whole process at https://www.mypresences.com/ and you can signup for free forever to manage up to 20 presences.

Good luck with it … (I am on the sunshine coast often if you want to see more or need help with local seo).

Cheers,
    Paul.

Design Point
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

Hi Ben,

We offer SEO pricing packages that are very affordable for small businesses. In my experience from clients Adwords for small businesses can really be money down the drain. I have clients seeking more traffic and website exposure in organic SEO at a more affordable budget than running Adwords campaigns. Happy to discuss. Link to our website is in my signature.

Cheers,

Adrian

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi all,
    Just a quick note to let you know that a couple of posts have been removed from this thread as they were outside the forum guidelines, and a few more have been removed as they were about those threads.

Apologies to any of you who had put time into responses, but we’re doing our best to keep things clean and tidy around here – and friendly to boot.

Thanks for your understanding,
    Jayne

mypresences
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

I would recommend focusing on your Local SEO in addition to your traditional SEO to help you get found when people search for “graphic designer sunshine coast” https://www.google.com.au/search?q=graphic designer sunshine coast or something more specific.

mdixon
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    BenAtherton, post: 209582, member: 64694 wrote:
    I would add that we dont expect free SEO. I wouldnt want to work for nothing and wouldnt expect anyone else to. After spending 1000s in the past though we are just very weary.

We do want to develop a long lasting relationship with the right person/people.

I know someone in Brisbane who might be a great help to you. Sensible and the approach should be start with all free methods first before spending money on it. SEO is not separate to marketing and content creation –they are one in the same if you want whitehat SEO done well. PM if you’re interested. I do this kind of thing myself but can’t take on new work at the moment — however I am more than happy to steer you in the right direction or give you any tips for finding a good person/assessing results. cheers

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up
    BenAtherton, post: 209477, member: 64694 wrote:
    I know that SEO requires a lot of work and there are many cheaper SEO companies out there who may or may not do such a good job, but for many small businesses, $1000+ each month is a huge chunk of their income.
    Hi Ben,
    I just wanted to offer comments on your statement that SEO costs $1,000 per month (and by inference), indefinitely.

This suggests to me that you have been given wrong info about SEO for small businesses. It sounds like you believe SEO is all about link building.

It is NOT and has NEVER been so!

IMHO, the many SEOs who espoused link building and posting articles on external sites are the ones that Google weeds out every few years.

SEO is concerned with developing relevant content to answer questions about your products/services then showing G that your info is important.

First you need a page that answers the potential customer’s questions. Most small business SE referrals are lost simply because business owners don’t publish a page that provides good and focused answers to potential customers’ questions.

Let me use your Home page as an example…

Your Home

is: “Ausgraphics Website Designers Sunshine Coast QLD – Ausgraphics” <p>The </p> words should complement your page’s visible content. <b><i>They do NOT!</i></b> <p>This is <a href="http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Xl9MFhXd7MkJ:www.ausgraphics.net/&hl=en&gl=au&strip=1" class="bbcode_url" rel="nofollow"><b><i>how G “reads” your Home page</i></b></a>.</p> <p>Look at the words in your site navigation, the sequence of the words, the words in large font, how much of the info is about “website design”, “Sunshine Coast” and “Qld”.</p> <p><b><i>Very, very, very little of this page’s content is specifically about “website design”.</i></b> To a SE it looks like a shopping list of all manner of services.</p> <p>Where is the service provided?<b><i> I see around 27 locations listed on the Home page and the location term, “Sunshine Coast” attracts little importance</i></b> in G’s assessment methods.</p> <p>When you provide a SE with a page that contains a lot of unrelated info, the unrelated content dilutes the value of the page for the specific search terms. All your discussion about logos, flyers, business cards, printing, stationary, etc. is dropping your importance for the search term “website design”.</p> <p>You can build external links to this page saying the page is about “website design” but <b><i>until the content of the page focuses on web design, your link building time will be largely wasted.</i></b></p> <p>There seems to be a bunch of strange stuff happening on your site.</p> <p>What is the purpose of your Home pages ausgraphics.net/page/1 through 7? These seem to be a waste of SEO activity the way they are presented and structured.</p> <p>Then there is your site’s use of near duplicate content to target searches for the various suburbs and towns in your area. If an SEO told you to adopt this strategy, he/she is a fool to themselves and a danger to others. RUN AWAY!</p> <p>Eg.</p> <ul class="bbcode_list"> <li>Mooloolaba page: …<a href="http://ausgraphics.net/mooloolaba-web-designers/" class="bbcode_url" rel="nofollow">/mooloolaba-web-designers/</a></li> <li>Coolum page: …<a href="http://www.ausgraphics.net/coolum-web-designers/" class="bbcode_url" rel="nofollow">/coolum-web-designers/</a></li> </ul> <p>Here is what is likely in store for you…</p> <p>12 Jun 15: <a href="http://searchengineland.com/local-seo-landing-pages-2-0-222583" class="bbcode_url" rel="nofollow"><b>Local SEO Landing Pages 2.0</b></a></p> <div class="bbcode_indent" style="margin-left:4em"> “Local businesses attempting to rank in multiple locations may find themselves running afoul of Google’s guidelines if they aren’t careful.” </div> <p> 16 Mar 15: <a href="http://searchengineland.com/google-to-launch-new-doorway-page-penalty-algorithm-216974" class="bbcode_url" rel="nofollow"><b>Google To Launch New Doorway Page Penalty Algorithm</b></a></p> <div class="bbcode_indent" style="margin-left:4em"> “Google will take algorithmic action on more doorway pages in the near future.” <p>“How do you know if your web pages are classified as a “doorway page?” Google said ask yourself these questions:”</p> <p>“Do the pages duplicate useful aggregations of items (locations, products, etc.) that already exist on the site for the purpose of capturing more search traffic?” </p></div> <p> All your Mooloolaba, Coolum et al. pages are contravening this Google guideline.</p> <p>Expect to be hit with a Google penalty soon.</p> <p>Please forgive me for being picky. My intent is to demonstrate that:</p> <div class="bbcode_indent" style="margin-left:4em"> a. It appears as though you have been the recipient of poor SEO advice in the past. <p>b. To educate other business owners, that SEOs who want to focus on link building and publishing content on other sites may not be providing cost-effective and/or informed SEO advice. </p></div> <p> Regs,<br> JohnW</p>
    SocialMediaWorks.co
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

We’d be very happy to work with your clients in white hating their SEO. We focus on organic SEO Michelle.

mdixon, post: 215453, member: 68219 wrote:
    I know someone in Brisbane who might be a great help to you. Sensible and the approach should be start with all free methods first before spending money on it. SEO is not separate to marketing and content creation –they are one in the same if you want white-hat SEO done well. PM if you’re interested. I do this kind of thing myself but can’t take on new work at the moment — however I am more than happy to steer you in the right direction or give you any tips for finding a good person/assessing results. cheers
    SocialMediaWorks.co
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

Great analysis John. :-)

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.