Home – New Forums Tech talk SEO – I’m Paying $350 month & no results!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 159 total)
  • Author
    Netboost SEO
    • Total posts: 191
    Up
    ::

DRS’s website is actually ranking okay for several local terms but it is ugly as hell, please redesign it, it would cost you less than $500 and make a huge difference – it is important to have a clean image.

The cluttered and crowded look with weird textures and tiling doesn’t sit well with many web viewer’s – first impressions are important – you may be losing potential customers because of your site’s look

And in case anyone is curious, the pagerank value from 1/10 is a measure of how much authority Google thinks your site has. Having a high pagerank will not guarantee you top rankings as site’s with a pagerank of 1 etc often outrank a pagerank 4 site. So don’t get to caught up by it as it is only 1 factor.

PK SEO Services
    • Total posts: 31
    Up
    Netboost SEO, post: 71085 wrote:
    DRS’s website is actually ranking okay for several local terms but it is ugly as hell, please redesign it, it would cost you less than $500 and make a huge difference – it is important to have a clean image.

The cluttered and crowded look with weird textures and tiling doesn’t sit well with many web viewer’s – first impressions are important – you may be losing potential customers because of your site’s look

And in case anyone is curious, the pagerank value from 1/10 is a measure of how much authority Google thinks your site has. Having a high pagerank will not guarantee you top rankings as site’s with a pagerank of 1 etc often outrank a pagerank 4 site. So don’t get to caught up by it as it is only 1 factor.

You’re right about the ranking. People often confuse page
    rank with page positioning. I’m not worried about page rank no’s

My detailing site has a page rank of 5. I’ve seen other sites with
    a page rank of 2 sitting above it with various keywords

Yes I know my DRS site is ugly. That’s my biggest downfall
    I’m absolute crap when it domes to designing sites.

I’m slowly learning though looking at other sites.
    I know I have to do something to re-design it because I also
    agree with you that first impressions do count.

You only have a visitor for a couple of seconds.
    If appearance doesn’t get them
    chances are they’ll disappear. Even if the content is right.

Are you talking about the home page ?
    It was one of my earlier sites. Your always learning
    in this industry…………..Any Suggestions ??

Thanks mate
    Pete

peter k
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

Hi Pete
    Paying $350 is not a bad price for what you get.
    It took me over 4 month to work out how Google operates and what to do to help our ranking.
    I have a few teenagers come in after school to help me.
    I pay them an hourly rate but at least i have control of what they do and how they do it.
    When you spend $350.00 you really need to find out what you get. Ask for a report from the company on what back links and sites you have been listed on.
    All the best and i hope yoursite moves up on google.

Pull Up Banners

Promotional Products

Netboost SEO
    Up

understated is often best when it comes to web design. Just choose a couple of colours and use that.

You don’t need flashy backgrounds or patterns.

Look at the google homepage – think minimal and clean. Not only will it take less time to do but it is pleasant to look at and directs attention.

Flying solo is good as well – lots of white space and really on white, grey and green. The restrained colour palette works well. The only patterns are simple gradients which are fine.

Some of those patterns on your site take me back to when we all had 16 colour displays haha :p

PK SEO Services
    Up
    jennyprice, post: 71122 wrote:
    Hi Pete
    Paying $350 is not a bad price for what you get.
    It took me over 4 month to work out how Google operates and what to do to help our ranking.
    I have a few teenagers come in after school to help me.
    I pay them an hourly rate but at least i have control of what they do and how they do it.
    When you spend $350.00 you really need to find out what you get. Ask for a report from the company on what back links and sites you have been listed on.
    All the best and i hope yoursite moves up on google.

Pull Up Banners

Promotional Products

Hi Jenny

You have……. ” teenagers “…….coming in to help
    Are these your regular college students who look for an extra dollar here and there. Are we talking Internet marketing or web design students.
    That’s an interesting idea. How did you go about sourcing your one’s ?

Thanks Jenny
    Pete.

PK SEO Services
    Up
    Netboost SEO, post: 71123 wrote:
    understated is often best when it comes to web design. Just choose a couple of colours and use that.

You don’t need flashy backgrounds or patterns.

Look at the google homepage – think minimal and clean. Not only will it take less time to do but it is pleasant to look at and directs attention.

Flying solo is good as well – lots of white space and really on white, grey and green. The restrained colour palette works well. The only patterns are simple gradients which are fine.

Some of those patterns on your site take me back to when we all had 16 colour displays haha :p

I gotta say it does look like it’s from the last century doesn’t it

Mate I have to tell you, I dead set agree with you.
    Simple is always better, but when your looking at a blank
    page and you need to get started ” simple just looks empty ” and you end
    up getting carried away with adding more and more things
    that are not necessary.

Especially sentences of keywords, and then you have to try and blend everything in. So basically, I’m looking at another site, and I try to start the same way, and before you know it, it ends up looking nothing like what I originally wanted it to. It’s hard to explain.

Then it goes from beeing nice and simple to looking thick and ugly like my index page. My other pages look cleaner and better organised for a home job, which isn’t too bad considering I didn’t study web design and marketing.

The problem I find is how do you get enough keyword density on a page, especially 3% of your chosen keywords while keeping a site nice and simple.

Pete.

AdServe
    • Total posts: 112
    Up
    JohnW, post: 70965 wrote:
    Hi Adserv,
    Let’s not be misleading the folk here. For their sakes, forgive me for offering what I believe to be corrections to some of the comments in your post.

Corrections:
    1. Google “sees” around 2,500 pages of your site as Australian.

You only need to do a “site search” to see this. (Go to Google Au, select Aust pages and enter the search string site:aub2b.com.) Have you done anything to change where Google sees your pages recently?

2. You rank in the top 10 in Google for the single search word “b2b” essentially because it occurs in your domain name.

It is such an infrequently used search phrase that few other websites target it and you therefore don’t need many points to rank highly to it.

Unfortunately for your site, very few searchers will use it by itself as they know that single word search phrases rarely deliver useful results and over 50% of searches are made with 3 word or longer search phrases.

3. “Home” and “products” are your most important keywords.

Webmaster’s Tools are diagnostic tools. These words occur on every page of your site in your navigation. This is Google telling you that your site has major SEO problems because it can’t find any more important words on which to increase your site’s ranking.

The lack of SEO on this site means it is accidentally competing with the 13 billion web pages that contain the word “home” and the 3 billion that contain “products”.

4. If you are talking about the keyword meta tag, you are wasting your time inserting it as Google does not read it – nor does Bing.

5. There is no evidence I have seen that a site’s ranking is influenced by its “stickiness” or length of time spent on site. (How could Google measure this parameter?)

6. Ranking in the top 10 for a worldwide pages search for one word (b2b) that is used in a site’s domain name is not an example of whether SEO techniques work or not.

SEO is about attracting SE referrals with the widest range of relevant search phrases.

When I try a few other search phrases, your site disappears from the results.

Examples:
    In a Google Aust worldwide search for these phrases it disappears:

b2b trade leads
    b2b trade marketplace
    b2b trade leads marketplace
    Australia’s b2b trade leads marketplace
    “Australia’s b2b trade leads marketplace”

These search phrases are made up from your Home page’s title.

You may want to ponder about why Google cannot find a single page that matches your Home page’s exact title search.

Your site’s traffic is tiny compared to the market it is in.

No SEO is NOT the best practice.

Regs,

JohnW

Now with google instant search, most of those people that are typing those longer search terms will have my site flash up at them before they get past the “B2B” part. I have added B2B and some more keywords into the code of my site and google will pick up on these soon.

I think people should look at there site content and on page SEO first then just simply run a query on opensiteexplorer.org safetek there competitors sites, get your links on the same sites that your competitors have there links on. It cant cost thousands per month… or take more that a few hours per month

AdServe
    Up
    AdServe, post: 71131 wrote:
    Now with google instant search, most of those people that are typing those longer search terms will have my site flash up at them before they get past the “B2B” part. I have added B2B and some more keywords into the code of my site and google will pick up on these soon.

I think people should look at there site content and on page SEO first then just simply run a query on opensiteexplorer.org safetek there competitors sites, get your links on the same sites that your competitors have there links on. It cant cost thousands per month… or take more that a few hours per month

Also I just run a search for those terms

I only changed the title 2 days ago to “Australia’s b2b trade leads marketplace”

now im first page for

b2b trade leads
    b2b trade marketplace
    b2b trade leads marketplace
    Australia’s b2b trade leads marketplace

seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up

Ok… what about if we all have a nice cup of tea and stop fighting about this strange-weird-mistery called SEO… ;)

May be time to move on???

Netboost SEO
    Up

I am disappointed in your fighting spirit SEOcourse … :( I look forward to your posts haha

Google instant is an annoyance and a help but I think you will find that if people are going to use long tail search terms then they will type them in despite google instant’s suggestions. These long tails can be quite valuable. I find its best to try and find an intersection between low competition and decent traffic…. seems obvious I guess.

seocourse
    Up

Netboost

There is no need to fight when you are a Ninja. ;)

But for future reference … in the SEO Jungle

This is me:
    caine.jpg

and this is … well a grasshopper… trying to follow the master ;)

kung_fu_grasshopper_sm.gif

Cheers

Gab

sensory fx
    • Total posts: 92
    Up
    seocourse, post: 71192 wrote:
    Netboost

There is no need to fight when you are a Ninja. ;)

But for future reference … in the SEO Jungle

This is me:
    caine.jpg

and this is … well a grasshopper… trying to follow the master ;)

kung_fu_grasshopper_sm.gif

Cheers

Gab

LOL at Gab

Sorry to get off track here but I just couldnt resist on this one.
    It amuses me how people use the term ‘NINJA’ when they don’t fully understand what it means. If you were to use the word ‘NINJA’ to represent your business in Japan you would be avoided like the plague.

In Japanese culture, a ninja is not respected. They are basically a covert agent or mercenary of feudal Japan specializing in unorthodox arts of war. They were feared but not respected. On the other hand, a Samurai had a strict code of honor and combat.

Just as a side note, David Darradine was a KungFu exponent, which is a chinese martial art, not to be confused with a ninja who was japanese.

So the bottom line is, representing yourself as a ninja is akin these days to representing yourself as Yakuza.

seocourse
    Up
    sensory fx, post: 71320 wrote:
    LOL at Gab

It amuses me how people use the term ‘NINJA’ when they don’t fully understand what it means. If you were to use the word ‘NINJA’ to represent your business in Japan you would be avoided like the plague.

In Japanese culture, a ninja is not respected. They are basically a covert agent or mercenary of feudal Japan specializing in unorthodox arts of war. They were feared but not respected. On the other hand, a Samurai had a strict code of honor and combat.

Just as a side note, David Darradine was a KungFu exponent, which is a chinese martial art, not to be confused with a ninja who was japanese.

So the bottom line is, representing yourself as a ninja is akin these days to representing yourself as Yakuza.

Well… it’s good we are in Australia and not in Japan…
    but wait.. I was born in Colombia, so may being related to the Yakuza makes sense.

Once again , a joke taken to serious…. ^_^

AdServe
    Up
    sensory fx, post: 71320 wrote:
    LOL at Gab

I would hire Yakuza for my SEO :) wow what results there could be, they could do great link building, could just call up high PR site owners and say “OK this link.. your front page NOW..”

but seriously talking to my friend in Japan on video skype one day, for some reason I mentioned Yakuza, he stopped seemed shocked and said to me dont say this word.. he kind of looked around to see if anyone heard me say it.. they take this stuff seriously

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

Wow who called the nit-picking police? I think most people understand that the Ninja reference is a figure of speech. Nobody actually thinks he’s a Ninja.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 159 total)
  • The topic ‘SEO – I’m Paying $350 month & no results!’ is closed to new replies.