Home – New Forums Tech talk SEO – not so scary when you outsource!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Leisa D
    • Total posts: 563
    Up
    ::

Feeling very glad I outsourced – I finally have a website on page one of Google for the excruciatingly competitive term “business cards” … and it only took 10 years! (9.8 of which I spent trying to do it myself haphazardly between running my business, being a mum, renovating my house and occasionally sleeping) – http://betterbusinesscards.com.au/

FetchBargain
    • Total posts: 62
    Up
    Leisa D, post: 180863 wrote:
    Feeling very glad I outsourced – I finally have a website on page one of Google for the excruciatingly competitive term “business cards” … and it only took 10 years! (9.8 of which I spent trying to do it myself haphazardly between running my business, being a mum, renovating my house and occasionally sleeping) – http://betterbusinesscards.com.au/

That sounds great. keep up the good work.

Extraordinary You
    • Total posts: 52
    Up

Hi Leisa,

Can I ask who did your SEO?

NickMorris
    Participant
    • Total posts: 283
    Up

More importantly, how did they do it?

John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up

Page 2 here. Position 13

NickMorris, post: 180990 wrote:
    More importantly, how did they do it?

How authority (and credible) business directories.

JamesNorquay
    • Total posts: 83
    Up

Yeah I also noticed the site in position 13. Remember Sydney and Melbourne will show different results based on location.

I use to manage Vista Prints SEO back in the day (a few years ago) I know the market is competitive.

But yeah from the look of it they seem to have mostly done some directories and a bit of link building on other sites, I also notice you have been busy setting up a huge amount of social profiles and been pretty active over the place, been active on social sites and pretty much building links all over the place.

Further to this I would look into other links which are in the link profile like this one – [url]http://www.jzjsw(dot)com/[/url] [remove (dot)] – not sure who built those style of links could be a competitor? Could be an SEO? Does not give the best signals in my eyes.

The site it self is decent too and the on page has all been changed. That been said the site is new so I would not jump for joy too soon, some times Google shifts new sites to pg1/2 for terms then you can get shifted to the bottom as fast. I would review other links as per the one above and review the profile.

businessclass
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Always handy when your keywords are in your business name….

DIY Pesty
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    Leisa D, post: 180863 wrote:

I outsourced an Indian Company a few years back for one of our inspection websites, and we got great results initially, but within 6 months,we were not to be found anywhere.
    It did achieve many of our goals initially, and we really couldn’t handle much of the inquiry so I wasn’t too concerned about the drop off, but it might be something to check out.
    I think it had something to do with much of the grammar being used with the search terms, which was eventually picked up by google as being poor quality. Maybe.
    That was the word on the street from an SEO ‘expert’ who was spamming me for business after our initial boost.
    Could all be rubbish, but might be something to look into.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.