Home – New Forums Tech talk SEO post Penguin

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up
    ::

Thanks for sharing Gab, so I just come to grips with what SEO is and then it all changes :)

Maybe you could have a look at my site and drop me a line about what I should be doing next…. are what I can pay you to do for me ;)

seocourse
    Up

No need to pay. These new rules are affecting all of us.
    I will shoot you an email mate .

I guess the issue is: defining awesomeness in the eyes of Google is kind of challenging.

* Anyway, I love this infographic game, I will make one about FlyingSolo highlights and Dramas next ;)

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

Thanks Gab, and be sure to include info about FLASH in the FS one :)

JohnSheppard
    • Total posts: 940
    Up

I am no SEO guy, but wasn’t this post Penguin too? Most sensible SEO peoples have been saying this for like 10 years?

For what it’s worth I feel like an idiot for saying penguin…On the grand scheme of your business life short term seo changes are a blip….

seocourse
    Up
    JohnSheppard, post: 120707 wrote:
    I am no SEO guy, but wasn’t this post Penguin too?.
    No idea what you really mean…. sorry John

For what it’s worth I feel like an idiot for saying penguin…On the grand scheme of your business life short term seo changes are a blip…

Well if you have an e-commerce business any SEO change is not a blip.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    seocourse, post: 120720 wrote:
    No idea what you really mean…. sorry JohnHe is saying that the 6 things you mention are not specificity related to Penguin, but are things SEO experts have been saying for years. (I think John said post when he meant pre)
    seocourse
    Up
    I am no SEO guy, but wasn’t this post Penguin too? Most sensible SEO peoples have been saying this for like 10 years?

For what it’s worth I feel like an idiot for saying penguin…On the grand scheme of your business life short term seo changes are a blip….

Oh, OK… got it.

NickMorris
    Participant
    • Total posts: 283
    Up

Nice one Gab. I’ve just started creating infographics myself, Piktochart is a great tool for this. What are you using?

seocourse
    Up

Same one buddy!
    Love it.

businesstrader
    • Total posts: 77
    Up

I am also a victim of the Penguin!

Google have been emailing me directly telling me to clean my link profile before they lift the over optimisation penalty I am dealing with for my main terms.

I have cleaned up my profile to the best of my ability however there are a number of webmasters who simply do not reply.

Fingers crossed Google release the link devalue tool in GWT sooner rather than later. Once I block the ‘inorganic’ links, it should be back to business! But not holding my breath!

seocourse
    Up
    businesstrader, post: 121252 wrote:
    I am also a victim of the Penguin!

Google have been emailing me directly telling me to clean my link profile before they lift the over optimisation penalty I am dealing with for my main terms.

I have cleaned up my profile to the best of my ability however there are a number of webmasters who simply do not reply.

Fingers crossed Google release the link devalue tool in GWT sooner rather than later. Once I block the ‘inorganic’ links, it should be back to business! But not holding my breath!

I don’t think that release will be soon I’m afraid….
    Are you aware that you can remove the % of “bad links” by increasing the % of good links?

businesstrader
    Up

Hi seocourse,

Actually I am aware of that, but I was thinking that because I have a manual penalty, then Google would want to see the ‘inorganic’ links removed as per their request. Is simply building new links going to make them happy considering I have a manual action?

I guess it would make sense to build new links at the same time, but to be honest, I don’t know what is a safe link and what is not anymore :-(

businesstrader
    Up

Anyone got any tips on out weighing bad links with ‘good’ links?

seocourse
    Up
    businesstrader, post: 121298 wrote:
    Anyone got any tips on out weighing bad links with ‘good’ links?

A bit challenging to give you tips without looking at your link profile, etc.

Also you need to add in the equation:

how much you want to work to get the good links
    how much you want to work t get the bad links off
    time willing to spend
    budget
    etc

Not trying to be burst the bubble but there is not an easy-fast solution…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.