Home – New Forums Tech talk SEO Required

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bubbling With Energy
    • Total posts: 18
    Up
    ::

Hi there

Well our search is on for a reputable SEO. We spend a lot on our PPC but really need to work more on optimising our website. Our website is http://www.bubblingwithenergy.info.

Firstly I would love any of you to peruse the site and let me know of anything we have done wrong, where can we improve and what an SEO should be doing to optimise the site as I had one a few years ago and he didn’t seem to do much but went on a long holiday after his “work” was done on the site. My guess is the site is too big and offers too much to have one particular keyword (such as “jumping castles”) ranking well.

Any experts or non experts are welcome to throw your thoughts down and let me know what you think. I know we have some great SEO people on this forum.

Many thanks in advance and of course if you are looking for a Jumping Castle, Water slide, fairy floss or the like for a backyard party or corporate event contact us for a great “Flying Solo” deal ….we need the work.

Mark

pauls
    • Total posts: 120
    Up

Hi Mark,

Hope the below quick pointers are of assistance to you.

Whether it be content, design, usability or Google exposure. Above all you need a strategy that all website tasks are based on and measured against.

You seem to have great product which can be very engaging both onsite and via social.
    However the website structure, design, layout… and user experience could be dramatically enhanced bringing the business online presence to a whole new level.

If we look at the SEO basics, your homepage has the title “home” and no meta descriptions. This is one of the first tasks an SEO would perform.

There’s a number of pages on your site that don’t have a meta description, so in return Google self selects what description it should show in its results. This is not ideal. http://www.bubblingwithenergy.info/slides-obstacles/
    Design wise, you have all the images and call to action below the fold, meaning your potential client needs to scroll down to see the actual slides. None of this is a walk in the park, however you need to seek more balance between content, imagery, video and calls to action.

Doing a search for “jumping castle sydney” your not listed in first 3 pages.
    Looking at your back-links you have around 600+ from 46 domains while your competitor http://www.bethaniesjumpingcastles.com.au who ranks 1st has only around 74 links.
    Good news is that most of your links appear to be brand related, however more research and strategy around this would be highly recommended.

On the flip side, while it could be argued on-page refinement is required, you rank 3rd for “mechanical bull hire sydney”.

While biased, I would;

1. Perform an onsite and competitor SEO audit
    2. Research and refine target keyword groups/themes
    3. Optimise page templates/layouts
    4. Review and refine page meta titles, meta descriptions inline with page URLs, headings and content
    5. Start reading up on how you can optimise your video’s and put more effort into value add and engaging your audience via product video
    6. Put in place the beginnings of a social strategy you or someone can manage on your behalf

In summary;

1.Review, 2.Measure, 3.Strategise and when doing anything to your website ask yourself.. “4.For what reason?”.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

All great advice by Paul

The important thing to remember is that SEO is not just about one thing, there is so much for small business to learn and no about.

Your content, SEO and Social Media all plays a part and if you do some yourself and outsource some you will have good results. They wont happen overnight either, it is something that takes time and must be part of your long term plan.

Bubbling With Energy
    • Total posts: 18
    Up
    pauls, post: 189009 wrote:
    Hi Mark,

Hope the below quick pointers are of assistance to you.

Whether it be content, design, usability or Google exposure. Above all you need a strategy that all website tasks are based on and measured against.

You seem to have great product which can be very engaging both onsite and via social.
    However the website structure, design, layout… and user experience could be dramatically enhanced bringing the business online presence to a whole new level.

If we look at the SEO basics, your homepage has the title “home” and no meta descriptions. This is one of the first tasks an SEO would perform.

There’s a number of pages on your site that don’t have a meta description, so in return Google self selects what description it should show in its results. This is not ideal. http://www.bubblingwithenergy.info/slides-obstacles/
    Design wise, you have all the images and call to action below the fold, meaning your potential client needs to scroll down to see the actual slides. None of this is a walk in the park, however you need to seek more balance between content, imagery, video and calls to action.

Doing a search for “jumping castle sydney” your not listed in first 3 pages.
    Looking at your back-links you have around 600+ from 46 domains while your competitor http://www.bethaniesjumpingcastles.com.au who ranks 1st has only around 74 links.
    Good news is that most of your links appear to be brand related, however more research and strategy around this would be highly recommended.

On the flip side, while it could be argued on-page refinement is required, you rank 3rd for “mechanical bull hire sydney”.

While biased, I would;

1. Perform an onsite and competitor SEO audit
    2. Research and refine target keyword groups/themes
    3. Optimise page templates/layouts
    4. Review and refine page meta titles, meta descriptions inline with page URLs, headings and content
    5. Start reading up on how you can optimise your video’s and put more effort into value add and engaging your audience via product video
    6. Put in place the beginnings of a social strategy you or someone can manage on your behalf

In summary;

1.Review, 2.Measure, 3.Strategise and when doing anything to your website ask yourself.. “4.For what reason?”.

That is such wonderful feedback, thank you Paul I will be in touch.

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    Bubbling With Energy, post: 188997 wrote:
    Hi there

Well our search is on for a reputable SEO. We spend a lot on our PPC but really need to work more on optimising our website. Our website is http://www.bubblingwithenergy.info.

Firstly I would love any of you to peruse the site and let me know of anything we have done wrong, where can we improve and what an SEO should be doing to optimise the site as I had one a few years ago and he didn’t seem to do much but went on a long holiday after his “work” was done on the site. My guess is the site is too big and offers too much to have one particular keyword (such as “jumping castles”) ranking well.

Any experts or non experts are welcome to throw your thoughts down and let me know what you think. I know we have some great SEO people on this forum.

Many thanks in advance and of course if you are looking for a Jumping Castle, Water slide, fairy floss or the like for a backyard party or corporate event contact us for a great “Flying Solo” deal ….we need the work.

Mark

Hello Mark

I’d suggest some work on your Home Page is in order, and this will allow you to capture more leads and traffic to your site. Sending traffic to your site (through SEO) is worthwhile, but I’d suggest your site is leaking way more than it should.

Your Home page buyer’s journeys could do with some tweaking in places, and this means that all the money you put into PPC/SEO etc. will be capitalised.

Optimising a site for SEO is two-fold. First fix the conversion elements on the site to increase conversions. Second, drive targetted ‘right’ traffic to the site.

Even something as small as a 1% change in conversions can make a huge impact on your bottom line.

My digital sales agency can assist you in one or both of the above.

Jenny

John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up

First thing I would do is get rid of the .info domain

No one is going to remember that.

Fond Digital Agency
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Beyond the basics – some of which are covered above – you really need to do something about the performance (GT Metrix is perhaps the best free tool for evaluating this, wherein your site scores an ‘F’ for page speed). Put simply, Google won’t favourably rank slow websites, and it’s phenomenal how many SEO “experts” labour over all the on-page and backlinking elements (which, yes, are very important) but fail to evaluate and enhance the technical components, too.

You need a good page caching solution and a content delivery network (CDN). You would also benefit from a responsive template (for reasons of user experience, as well as SEO), as your page is quite “vanilla” at the moment.

Edit: And the gentleman above is on the money about the domain designation, too: you need a “.com.au” for reasons of geolocation as well as memorability!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.