Home – New Forums Tech talk SEO Telemarketers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bernardlau
    • Total posts: 33
    Up
    ::

In the past few months, I’ve been getting a lot of SEO telemarketers trying to sell me their SEO packages, Google Adword packages etc.

Sometimes 2-3 “apparently different” companies call on the same day within a few hours. I tell them that I don’t need it/not interested, but these calls still keep coming.

I’ve already placed my number on the don’t call website/list too.

Anyone else have this problem? What can I do to stop it?

PaulThomas
    • Total posts: 76
    Up
    bernardlau, post: 115785 wrote:
    In the past few months, I’ve been getting a lot of SEO telemarketers trying to sell me their SEO packages, Google Adword packages etc.

Sometimes 2-3 “apparently different” companies call on the same day within a few hours. I tell them that I don’t need it/not interested, but these calls still keep coming.

I’ve already placed my number on the don’t call website/list too.

Anyone else have this problem? What can I do to stop it?

Hi Bernard,

Unfortunately your contact number is available to the world. The calls will just keep coming while ever you have a website.

I just answer the phone, give them 2 seconds, then say goodbye and hang up. Sadly you have to give them 2 seconds, it might be someone from Telstra.

Even I get calls telling me they can fix my SEO, DUH! Google has received email marketing for SEO too … double DUH!

Good luck and leverage the opportunity on a really bad day when they call. You can unleash all hell on that poor TM – hahaha!

Cheers,
    Paul

Cesar
    • Total posts: 591
    Up

Just keep repeating to them, “Does SEO stand for Sewerage Enforcement Officers?”…lol…I’m certain they will be dumbfounded and hang-up…

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

Yeah, I get these calls too, that my website is broken, that it is missing from Google etc. etc.

The do not call register cannot help you, as if you are listed as a business, the do not call register does not apply :(

I have to wonder who is actually buying from these guys?

Vilson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 184
    Up

ya it is happen with Me too, Even though i Provide SEO services to others…

i just tell them one thing and they cut off my call.

Create Online Test or Quiz on ScoreBell
    JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

We are all stuck with the same annoying problem.

Hopefully, Google’s constant changes to negate any value from the services offered by these people will cut down on the frequency of their calls in the long run.
    Regs,
    JohnW

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.