Home – New Forums Tech talk SEO through YellowPages Online?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    AdServe
    • Total posts: 112
    Up
    ::

It is interesting that there getting into this, makes sense for them as there business would have to be on its way out and there customers are used to giving them large amounts of money.

DreamscanbeVisions
    • Total posts: 284
    Up

Good morning guys haha, up jus a lil early ?

Yellow pages would get dominated by people who register the (city & service) as a domain.

Captain Simmo
    • Total posts: 110
    Up
    DreamscanbeVisions, post: 73387 wrote:
    Good morning guys haha, up jus a lil early ?

Yellow pages would get dominated by people who register the (city & service) as a domain.

Yes, Yes they will ;)

Simmo.

DreamscanbeVisions
    • Total posts: 284
    Up
    Captain Simmo, post: 73409 wrote:
    Yes, Yes they will ;)

Simmo.

Simmo you learn something new everyday haha ;)

Netboost SEO
    • Total posts: 191
    Up
    nominal, post: 67057 wrote:
    It will make a difference if they put a link to your website from their home page
    (PR8) :-)

yellow pages dont seo your website – they host a minisite for you that gets an seo boost due to the size and popularity of their network – kind of like any other online directory

IgniteDM
    • Total posts: 99
    Up

my response to a suggestion from yellow pages for anything would consist of 1 of 3 options:

1)No
    2)Hell No
    3)Over my dead body.

bunch of bloody scammers !

AdServe
    Up

It is a good idea for them as long as they are doing it right, people who are already giving them large sums and seeing (diminishing now..) returns from display avertising would trust them to deliver.

Shoey
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

I’m very sceptical. I haven’t heard of yellow pages branching out into the seo market. Gee, there not even good at what they do now.

Do more homework. If you want to advertise yes, but seo, NO. Get seo experts.

Johnktaylor
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

I think yellowpahes is taken as a business directory only for promoting our websites. But aprt from getting listing in australian business directoires, lots of other offpage, onpage and social media activities need to be done

AdServe
    Up

Does anyone know there minimum fee to get a dofollow link in your category?

Bob Jones
    • Total posts: 215
    Up

Yellowpages or Sensis (1 and the same) do not provide any SEO services. Its simply directory listing on yellowpages, which will have a minimal influence on your ranking, combined with your overall linking strategy.

They can sent you direct traffic, but don’t expect too much. One of the sites I manage is listed, and the YP traffic percentage is 0.11

As far as sensis goes, or any “first page” guarantees – this is not organic ranking. They “manage” your adwords (paid advertising) account, to get your ads on the first page.

Very misleading imo, but they seem to get away with it, seeing that that majority of small businesses have no idea about SEO.

You’re much better off spending your SEO budget with an actual SEO company or consultant. They’re more likely to give you a lot more bang for your buck.

thesearchengineshop.com
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

Here’s an interesting read and a definite no on the yellowpages doing SEO thing.. seriously, what business can legally get away with this sort of behaviour? What a joke

http://melbournegeek.com/2011/08/yellow-pages-scam/

morpheyous
    • Total posts: 45
    Up
    Chromatix, post: 67532 wrote:
    This would be a nice one indeed! But they’ll charge you an arm and a leg for it. I guess they could but from what I understand they don’t supply SEO

Yellow Pages sprout all sort of SEO benefits but as outlined above it is not true.

If they were as good as promised then all of their directory would be page one of the serps.

Nothing beats good ole SEO techniques and my advise would be to take Yellow Pages with a grain of salt.

trainsem
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

I think the salesperson was describing their recent SiteSmart product. Its description says,

Better chance of being found – Our team of SEO experts will make sure your site is optimised for search engines. This means that when your customers use popular search engines, there’s a better chance they’ll find you.

The sales people have lots of details to remember and this “your site” could be interpreted by them to mean the client’s original website, not the 3-page micro site that this product is. It’s aimed at businesses without any website.

Links from YPOL are redirected (same effect as a nofollow), so there is no link juice but there is the citation value, which had some value until recently, for Place Pages. It might still have some value for the ranking algo.

Disclaimer: I worked there until some 18 months ago and they definitely didn’t offer any SEO services for advertisers’ websites. I have no business affiliation with them other than renting a Telstra phone line. :)

The Infotainer
    • Total posts: 612
    Up

there SEO is probably limited to

we will link to your site on some unimportant page and forget about you, good luck and please pay through your nose!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • The topic ‘SEO through YellowPages Online?’ is closed to new replies.