Home – New Forums Starting your journey Service agreements

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    missymoo
    • Total posts: 25
    Up
    ::

For my cleaning bizz
    Is this a must ?
    I’ve never signed a service agreement personally for my self,for services before
    Do I really need it for my bizz?
    Regards

Kennethti
    • Total posts: 415
    Up
    missymoo, post: 112438 wrote:
    For my cleaning bizz
    Is this a must ?
    I’ve never signed a service agreement personally for my self,for services before
    Regards

Hello Missymoo,

This comment is of a general nature and should not be considered legal advice suited for your particular requirements. Generally you do not require written agreements to enter into contractual relationships with your customers.

Written agreements are highly recommended however, and they go towards evidencing what was the agreement entered into between you and your customer. This may help manage risks or disputes between you and your customers, especially in situations where you would do the work and the customer pays later.

You must consider your specific situation and what is suitable in your circumstances. If you need specific advice for your situation please contact our office or your local solicitor.

Kennethti
    • Total posts: 415
    Up
    For my cleaning bizz
    Is this a must ?
    Regards

Hello Missymoo,

This comment is of a general nature and should not be considered legal advice suited for your particular requirements. Generally you do not require written agreements to enter into contractual relationships with your customers.

Written agreements are highly recommended however, and they go towards evidencing what was the agreement entered into between you and your customer. This may help manage risks or disputes between you and your customers, especially in situations where you would do the work and the customer pays later.

You must consider your specific situation and what is suitable in your circumstances. If you need specific advice for your situation please contact our office or your local solicitor.

createdevelop
    • Total posts: 171
    Up
    For my cleaning bizz
    Is this a must ?
    Regards

Let me tell you how service agreements work for us.

We use them to set out expectations on what is delivered and when we are going to be paid. We explain that we will perform a job to a set standard, and that the client is expected to pay within a certain time frame. It also states that failure to pay will result in legal action.

Why is this worth your time?

Because most times people forget to pay, or thing they asked you to clean the toilets, when they didn’t, or forgot to ask you to work only between midnight and 1am, or felt that the cleaning job did not meet their standards, or my favourite, felt that their cousin could have done a better job.

Its a legal document that will save you hassle and heartache, as well as setting expectations in the mind of the client.

createdevelop
    • Total posts: 171
    Up
    For my cleaning bizz
    Is this a must ?
    Regards

Let me tell you how service agreements work for us.

We use them to set out expectations on what is delivered and when we are going to be paid. We explain that we will perform a job to a set standard, and that the client is expected to pay within a certain time frame. It also states that failure to pay will result in legal action.

Why is this worth your time?

Because most times people forget to pay, or thing they asked you to clean the toilets, when they didn’t, or forgot to ask you to work only between midnight and 1am, or felt that the cleaning job did not meet their standards, or my favourite, felt that their cousin could have done a better job.

Its a legal document that will save you hassle and heartache, as well as setting expectations in the mind of the client.

missymoo
    Up

Thanks a heap for your info, I’ve tried the beginnings of my service agreement I must say I think I’m totally hopeless when it comes to making words look professional, I understand what should be included but I have no idea where to even start if that makes sence lol I get a mind blank every time I attempt it , is their somewhere I can go who could write one up for me ? Because I think I’ve found a personal weakness within me :/ tho I’ve never been good at putting words together in a professional manner , my mouths ok lol but go blank when it comes to putting it down on paper. Thanks a heap :)

missymoo
    Up

Thanks a heap for your info, I’ve tried the beginnings of my service agreement I must say I think I’m totally hopeless when it comes to making words look professional, I understand what should be included but I have no idea where to even start if that makes sence lol I get a mind blank every time I attempt it , is their somewhere I can go who could write one up for me ? Because I think I’ve found a personal weakness within me :/ tho I’ve never been good at putting words together in a professional manner , my mouths ok lol but go blank when it comes to putting it down on paper. Thanks a heap :)

missymoo
    Up

Sorry Kenneth just seen your post I’ll look into what it would cost me to obtain one thanks a heap

missymoo
    Up

Sorry Kenneth just seen your post I’ll look into what it would cost me to obtain one thanks a heap

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.