Home – New Forums Starting your journey set up hair salon in house or renting a shop?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    khainez
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi guys,

So i got dilemma here about setting up my own hair salon, i got two option which are house or a shop.

ok i start with the house first, The house is in main road and across town centre…good thing is cheap rent and i can live there too ( because i have to find somewhere else to live too).

then the shop, its located in new development of Woolworth centre , so there gonna be big Woolworth and that the only one in that suburb area. but the rent of course double than the house.

so Which do you think the better option if you guys have to choose?

angelarodgers
    • Total posts: 180
    Up

Hi Khainez,

Sounds like an exciting time for you!

My gut instinct is that if you’re just getting set up and are working on your own, and don’t have a large established client base, it might be better to start out from home. That keeps the costs and risks nice and low.

The best thing you can do right now is some market research. Ask your existing clients if they would be comfortable coming to your home for services. You can also do your research on how others in your situation have fared with their home salon businesses and some of the potential problems that could arise.

Down the track, as your client base grows and you have some more cash flow, it will be natural to want to move into a separate commercial location.

Just my two cents, anyway! I also work from home, but it’s a little different in my industry as 90% of client contact is via email, Skype or Phone. Working from home does have many, many perks though :-)

Best wishes to you!

Angela

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

These to choices are really polar opposites.

On one hand a home with a salon gives you enormous flexibility as you only have to open when you have appointments and you can make them as it suits you.
    BUT – You have no exposure and will need to find other ways to promote yourself.

The shopping centre will likely demand high rent, expensive fitout, and that you are open 7 days each week and set hours.
    BUT – You have exposure and passing trade from shoppers.

Think about the type of business you want and how you want to work. From here you can decide on affordability and more.

Please be in touch if you would like to discuss this further.

khainez
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Hi thanks MissSassy and Angela for the feedback, my goal and dream is to have busy hair salon with couple of staff and expand it to different area once its successful.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.