Home – New Forums Starting your journey Setting up a children’s indoor play and Party centre in the South Coast

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Nickylett
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Looking for advice please.

We are wanting to setup a centre, South Coast of Sydney we have looked into premises, equipment, menu etc, but just don’t know what to make our starting point, so we can see what it will cost to setup, or what we should also be thinking about.

If anyone has experience in setting up a centre and would be so kind to share the do’s and donts with us, or to mentor us we would appreciate

Thanks
    Nicky

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Nicky, and welcome to Flying Solo :)

There was a forum member here a couple of years back who shared her journey in starting a play centre with us from the time she started investigating it. If you’d like to read about her experiences, this link will take you to a list of all her threads (I suggest starting at the earliest date and reading forwards – apologies if it gets a bit confusing, but I think it will be well worth your while to read it).

Based on her experience, I recommend that you put organising council permits fairly high up on your agenda – I remember that it took her ages, and there were lots of stumbling blocks along the way for her.

Other than that, when in doubt, I always recommend starting with your business plan!

Hope that helps and that others who have some insight jump on board to share it with you.

Thanks for joining us,
    Jayne

Nickylett
    Up

Many thanks Jayne, I will have a read, I am new to this forum stuff

But I can’t make the link work?

1911naomi
    • Total posts: 124
    Up

If you want a customers point of view I have been to a heap of play centres and have a six month pass for one. I take my 15month old.

Nickylett
    Up

Thanks Naomi, a membership is a great idea, what did you pay for 6 months?
    Thanks
    Nicky

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    1911naomi, post: 209595 wrote:
    If you want a customers point of view I have been to a heap of play centres and have a six month pass for one. I take my 15month old.

Sorry for the confusion Nicky.

Instead of using that link, entering the word Jazzah (the lady’s name) into the search function in the grey bar above the forum.

I think that will work better for you, but please let me know if you still have problems.

Jayne

1911naomi
    • Total posts: 124
    Up
    Nickylett, post: 209602 wrote:
    Thanks Naomi, a membership is a great idea, what did you pay for 6 months?
    Thanks
    Nicky

Hi I think it was $100
    I have to say if it was $80-$85 I would of joined without thinking twice but for $100 I had to weight up pros and cons and think about it
    I do prefer the pass though as I feel I can pop in for 30-60mina here and there and not feel like I have to stay for hours to make it worth my $$$

I stated going before he turned 1 (he’s now 15m) all I’ve been to , do not charge before the age of one

I like this one specifically as they have a large area for under 3 year olds, lots of room , not cluttered with Too many toys, they have the tikes cars which are always a hit with kids and a small slide, ball pit area.

Also there is the cafe and it has an area where u can sit and watch your kids in the under 3 area very close by. (I’ll have to take a pic for you as I haven’t seen this in others)

Also have some cameras installed in cafe so u can watch over 3 year old in their area.

Nickylett
    Up

Thank you for all the details.

Nickylett
    Up

Hi Jayne, I have been trying to find info on Jazzah, setting up a centre but I can’t find anything.
    Thanks
    Nicky

Alex (LegalVision)
    • Total posts: 52
    Up

Hi Nickylett!

We have a great article on our website about setting up a child care centre, and the legal considerations you will encounter along the way.

https://legalvision.com.au/considering-opening-day-care-centre-legal-considerations/

I think it’s worth checking out, as you can easily stumble across legal pitfalls you didn’t even know existed when you’re starting up a business, so it’s worth identifying them sooner rather than later!

Let me know if this is any help :)

Nickylett
    Up

Many thanks Alex

cocomagnolia
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

A day care centre would have different regulations and legal considerations than an indoor play centre I would have thought.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.