Home – New Forums Marketing mastery setting up a partnership with a BDM or marketing oriented person

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    shoopiable
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

I have developed an online service that targets strata management or body corporate groups. It’s early days so far feel free to visit the site here if interested . http://www.housingadmin.com

Basically though I am looking to start engaging a BDM or sales oriented person who might be able to set up contractual arrangements or deals with body corporates. It is less about having someone do direct marketing calls or anything, but more relationship building with potential clients then working with that client to work out a mutually beneficial contract.

I have been thinking about different ways to approach this but one option that I am considering strongly is to work as a partnership with a BDM person.

So lets say I find someone to work with me on this, they would develop the relationship and finalise a contract, and then we would both half whatever we make based on the sale for the lifespan of that contract. I would look after the development/upkeep of the site and assist the sales person as necessary.

Anyway. that whole type of agreement is new to me, but I wonder if anybody might have more experience surrounding this with some useful tid bits of advice

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Interesting question and you may struggle to find someone like that. I would recommend that you initially try to do as much as you can yourself, some targeted advertising online, for example.

shoopiable
    Up
    MissSassy, post: 196455 wrote:
    Interesting question and you may struggle to find someone like that. I would recommend that you initially try to do as much as you can yourself, some targeted advertising online, for example.

Cheers, thanks for your reply. Yeah that’s the initial approach and most certainly will be engaging with online advertising to this particular group. However, I’m sure the most targeted approach for this context will be to more active within the actual strata management community e.g. giving talks at conferences run by places like this http://www.stratacommunity.org.au/. I can do this easy enough, however, it is more the relationship building and setting up contracts that sound appealing to organisations such as this that I’m sure would be of benefit.

I might be looking for something I can’t find though – hence why these forums are so handy :)

PowerofWords
    • Total posts: 179
    Up

Hi,
    My partner is employing a BDM sales operator on a casual basis (10 hrs week). That’s normally the kind of relationship, unless there is a proven income or perhaps current partner trusting relationship.

A couple of things to note, with your website:
    Needs some text on the home page for a) search engines and b) people with slow video play speed.

One little tip as well, for leads and contacts, I have found the free version of Zoho a fairly good CRM. You might try offering to do an informative talk at Body Corp meetings in your local area to get some names on the list.

shoopiable
    Up
    PowerofWords, post: 196463 wrote:
    Hi,
    My partner is employing a BDM sales operator on a casual basis (10 hrs week). That’s normally the kind of relationship, unless there is a proven income or perhaps current partner trusting relationship.

A couple of things to note, with your website:
    Needs some text on the home page for a) search engines and b) people with slow video play speed.

One little tip as well, for leads and contacts, I have found the free version of Zoho a fairly good CRM. You might try offering to do an informative talk at Body Corp meetings in your local area to get some names on the list.

Hey thanks for the reply, that’s kind of what I imagined. A casual basis is another option for sure. I did wonder about more of a partnership agreement, mostly for incentivising purposes.But I think you might be right that it would require a trusted contact. I know a few. I just wondered if that kind of arrangement was common or not. So it might not be for a newer business, but a more established one.

Appreciate the website feedback too, very useful!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.