Home – New Forums Selling online Setting up shopping cart, setting up credit card payment

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    BrisVegasGhost
    • Total posts: 49
    Up
    ::

At the moment I only have paypal available in my checkout and I am looking at setting up a credit card facility.
    I contacted ANZ and these where the fees:
    Establishment fee $99
    License fee $39.95 monthly
    Service fee $3 monthly
    The transaction fees varied from .75% for standard visa/MasterCard card up to 2.8% for the more premium rewards cards.
    Are these fees reasonable for this type of service?
    And what would a programmer normally charge to put this into the website.
    Cheers

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up

Have a chat with Eway, they’re normally super helpful and one of the easiest and most reliable ways of setting up your site to take credit card payments.

Quote:

It really depends on what platform you’re using.
    e.g. WordPress/Woocomerce, Magento, Shopify, custom etc.

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    BrisVegasGhost, post: 242127, member: 49907 wrote:
    At the moment I only have paypal available in my checkout and I am looking at setting up a credit card facility.
    I contacted ANZ and these where the fees:
    Establishment fee $99
    License fee $39.95 monthly
    Service fee $3 monthly
    The transaction fees varied from .75% for standard visa/MasterCard card up to 2.8% for the more premium rewards cards.
    Are these fees reasonable for this type of service?
    Cheers
    They are probably talking about ANZ eGate it is not the best gateway and I think based on MasterCard Migs. Go with [USER=20554]@JohnTranter[/USER] suggestion and talk to eWAY. The big difference is customer service.

John

heftzwecke
    • Total posts: 213
    Up

Stupid question: do customers not always prefer paypal? Or would you lose a sale for only offering paypal? I too hate the paypal fees but it seems to be unavoidable.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    heftzwecke, post: 242148, member: 88078 wrote:
    Stupid question: do customers not always prefer paypal? Or would you lose a sale for only offering paypal? I too hate the paypal fees but it seems to be unavoidable.
    The short answer is that not everybody is the same.

If you can, it is better to provide choice.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 242154, member: 78928 wrote:
    The short answer is that not everybody is the same.

If you can, it is better to provide choice.
    True, but you can also do credit card payments via paypal without a paypal account

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    bb1, post: 242155, member: 53375 wrote:
    True, but you can also do credit card payments via paypal without a paypal account
    Which is also true but a lot of people do not know that – so special effort would need to be put in on the sales page to point that out.
    bb1
    Participant
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 242156, member: 78928 wrote:
    Which is also true but a lot of people do not know that – so special effort would need to be put in on the sales page to point that out.
    A handfull of the appropriate words are far cheaper than the 43 dollar monthly fee quoted above
    Trent Tran
    Participant
    • Total posts: 166
    Up
    heftzwecke, post: 242148, member: 88078 wrote:
    when you are selling something oversea and it is $1000 or more worth of goods. Paypal fee is high but the beauty of it is you are covered as long as you provide tracking with signature. You do not have to buy insurance as Seller Protection kicked in and the buyer feel at peace.
    JohnTranter
    Up
    bb1, post: 242158, member: 53375 wrote:
    A handfull of the appropriate words are far cheaper than the 43 dollar monthly fee quoted above

The reality is, given the choice between using Paypal or entering Credit Card details, some people choose the credit card option.
    Experience shows that sales can be lost if the Credit Card option isn’t given.

I’m not going to pretend to know why people choose what they do, but if you can give both options, it’s worth it. (assuming sales volumes are high enough etc.)

bb1
    Participant
    Up
    JohnTranter, post: 242163, member: 20554 wrote:
    Experience shows that sales can be lost if the Credit Card option isn’t given.

How have you determined that.

Also from what I have seen if you use paypal credit card option all you have to do is put I the credit card number..

JohnTranter
    Up
    bb1, post: 242164, member: 53375 wrote:
    How have you determined that.

I’ll be honest Bert and say that I don’t have hard numbers to back me up, I’ve never done the A/B split testing to prove it. My statement’s based on feedback from merchants/clients who’ve seen a jump in sales after setting up new payment options.
    i.e. Anecdotal evidence.

If you find evidence to show otherwise, I’d be keen to see it. I know some long established ‘truths’ can turn out to be rubbish :)

John Debrincat
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 242156, member: 78928 wrote:
    Actually PayPal have a feature called Guest Checkout. It that scenario the customer lands on a page that is basically a credit card entry page. But there is also a option to login and register but not mandatory. So really it is just a naming exercise and we generally recommend to our customers that they call the payment method “Credit Card & PayPal” or similar.

John

John Debrincat
    Up
    JohnTranter, post: 242165, member: 20554 wrote:
    I’ll be honest Bert and say that I don’t have hard numbers to back me up, I’ve never done the A/B split testing to prove it. My statement’s based on feedback from merchants/clients who’ve seen a jump in sales after setting up new payment options.
    i.e. Anecdotal evidence.

If you find evidence to show otherwise, I’d be keen to see it. I know some long established ‘truths’ can turn out to be rubbish :)

[USER=20554]@JohnTranter[/USER] is correct. About 50% of online buyers don’t understand or even know what PayPal is. Its the same as just calling the payment method say “eWAY” the percentage would be higher. Explaining the payment process and giving the payment method an appropriate name is very important.

PayPal can be used to just accept credit and debit cards same as most gateways. Many people look for and want to use PayPal so not having it available can have up to a 25% impact of B2C sales depending on the product category and demographics. Yes we do have the numbers that have shown that impact.

John

heftzwecke
    • Total posts: 213
    Up

I have got only paypal.Shopify provides some alternative payment I ‘ve never heard of and as well bank depostit and money order. Should I activate these things (my offline clients are often 65+ women, online- I would like to know!)??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.