Home – New Forums New here? Share your story ShakeForCharity

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ShakeForCharity
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

Hey everyone.

I have recently started a new business developing iPhone applications. There are many developers out there building calculators, book keeping apps and other apps that already exist on the desk top. Not to say these apps are not useful, I just want to focus on mobile business apps that are not currently being done. In a nutshell I am keen to be innovative and to have a real positive financial impact on your businesses. Anyone with ideas for applications that will increase revenue (not just reduce costs) I am all ears.

Right now we have an app call “Reference Builder” that allows you to post your work to your customer’s facebook profile. I already have a handful of customers achieving great results, but I am keen to get more and to work towards having a real impact on the way people do business. If you get a chance look at my site and let me know what you think. Any constructive feedback will be welcome.

http://www.shakeforcharity.com/reference_builder

Kind Regards

Derek.

[Former] FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Derek

Your app is really cool! I can see it being used by hairdressers, personal trainers and other personal services types as well as the tradies. Oh, and graphic artists and webbies that revitalise tired websites.. my mind is buzzing with the possibilities for you!

(Hey, Patrick… check it out – could be good for cleaners too?)

Derek, congratulations! I will put my thinking cap on over Christmas and see if I can come up with any more ideas for you.

Welcome to Flying Solo!
    Jayne

ShakeForCharity
    Up

Thanks for the positive feedback. We do believe we have a good product and hoping it will have a strong adoption. The problem I face is getting the message out there to all the businesses you mentioned. If anyone has any ideas on trade shows, contacts, or Websites I can use to help build my presence it will be greatly appreciated.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks in advance

Derek.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Sounds like a good idea – hope everything works well for you. I can’t use it in my business really, I could take a picture of a empty screen!

ShakeForCharity
    Up

Matt,

Thanks for the positive comments. Looks like you have a strong business going yourself.

Derek.

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

I have passed your website address on to ICAN, and will pass it onto the other 650 in the new year

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Great application!

I know it might be obvious, but have you made a facebook page about this one?

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Great application – is it possible to upload to LinkedIn instead of Facebook? ie Can we edit where we upload to?
    – Karen C

ShakeForCharity
    Up

Burgo, thanks for passing on my information/website. It is very much appreciated. Please let me know if there is anything I can do in return.

Emroy, It might be obvious, but I have not yet created a fan page for this application. It is on my to do list.

KarenC, Facebook has been my first point of call as I feel more people frequent the facebook site on a daily basis. However Linkedin is fanastic for professionals. I have thought of putting together a similar app for linkedin. That will be the next phase once I get Facebook all sorted.

If anyone is interested I have a free coupon to download of iTunes.

The app store has provided me with a code that should give you the app for free. If you’re reading this forum go to my web site “www.shakeforcharity.com/reference_builder” and use the following coupon “RTRJAYP66YRM”. I have never used a coupon before so I do not know if it is unlimited or once off. Please try it and let me know if it works for you.

Derek.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.