Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Shared Warehouse

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ckarba
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys,
    I own a company called sasha & me and we ship to BtB and BtC modern pet bedding . Currently we use a Logistic Company which I think is doing us more damage to the brand than favours , plus they always seem to be so expensive .
    I was wondering if anyone has a warehouse place that is willing to share with me . I would be keen to start my own process of shipping, which I know could be so much more personalised and productive.
    I live in Bondi so Easter Suburbs would be preferred ;-)

Kind Regards
    Claudia
    [email protected]

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Welcome aboard Claudia! Hopefully one of our members can point you in the right direction.

Great to have you here. :)

Dave

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    ckarba, post: 238040, member: 84643 wrote:
    Hi Guys,
    I own a company called sasha & me and we ship to BtB and BtC modern pet bedding . Currently we use a Logistic Company which I think is doing us more damage to the brand than favours , plus they always seem to be so expensive .
    I was wondering if anyone has a warehouse place that is willing to share with me . I would be keen to start my own process of shipping, which I know could be so much more personalised and productive.
    I live in Bondi so Easter Suburbs would be preferred ;-)

Kind Regards
    Claudia
    [email protected]

Hi Claudia

Not good to hear! Although i am curious, for my own selfish reasons ;(, what costs were applied to make them so expensive? Also, is it more the way they handle your parcels or the cost that is the biggest factor in moving from your existing provider to becoming self fulfilment operation?

Not talking from a 3PL hat now, although there is always a happy balance that makes something worthwhile to undertake oneself. Just be aware that sharing a premise also requires mutual respect and can also potentially have lots of ups and downs to it, as well as hidden costs for overheads – be sure to factor all variables into your decision making process. In all honesty, not many sharing stories end well and it tends to pay to hold off til you can acquire/lease your own premise to do the fulfilment as such. It is hard to find people that will treat your products as if its theirs, although there are businesses in this field that certainly do do that- is it worth trialling other local 3PL’s with a certain range to see if you can find one that will offer you this arrangement? Also potentially freeing you up to do more income deriving activities instead of picking and packing?

Just being thought provoking… Although i am sure you are at a point where the thought has already been applied, and now its time to move.. :)

All the best
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    ckarba
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi Jason,
    Thank you for your reply . I know what you are saying but paying around $52k a year using a 3PL facility which does a good job at loosing + damaging my stock has brought me closer to tears ;-)
    If you know of a good 3PL that can focus on quality rather than quantity (having way to many accounts and cant take care of one account, let alone all of them , please let me know .The cost is also very expensive . I am a small business and every expenditure counts.
    I just don’t know what is the best solution anymore…
    Regards
    Claudia

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hi Claudia,

Ouch :(, sounds like been a tough period with your current provider… Unfortunately i dont know anyone in Sydney, wish i did to help you out because trust me there are some that are passionate about becoming an extension to your business as opposed to just being a solution that benefits them financially :(

Please, none of this is about a sell from me, although there are some like us out there that specifically work with smaller operators and passionately do so..

If i hear of anyone locally, i will advise.. or if you are ever wanting to consider relocating to Melbourne, feel free to hit me up.. Always happy to chat or grab a coffee…

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    syautd
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

Good luck to you.;)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.