Home – New Forums Logistics Shipping

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #988004
    The Sizzle Store
    Member
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi everyone

    Again it is the same old enemy of online stores. The Shipping

    I have an online store and it is a new setup.

    My products will come from Pakistan. Once they arrive here, I will send them to the buyers all around the world. Apparantly Australia Post is very expensive (domestic and internationa). I will sell a T-Shirt for a price of 6.99 plus $8 delivery and it is not very sexy shopping. I have been given advise to open a business account with TNT, UPS or DHL (big shipping companies). They will offer me reduced prices.

    Any suggestions what company to choose for delivery from Australia to Australia and Australia to Overseas? I will be selling on my store webpage, facebook, ebay and amazon. Should I be using just one company from all or different company for differnt source?

    Highly appreciated

    T Memon

    #1165227
    RodBartley
    Member
    • Total posts: 17
    Up
    0
    ::
    The Sizzle Store, post: 191215 wrote:
    Hi everyone

    Again it is the same old enemy of online stores. The Shipping

    I have an online store and it is a new setup.

    My products will come from Pakistan. Once they arrive here, I will send them to the buyers all around the world. Apparantly Australia Post is very expensive (domestic and internationa). I will sell a T-Shirt for a price of 6.99 plus $8 delivery and it is not very sexy shopping. I have been given advise to open a business account with TNT, UPS or DHL (big shipping companies). They will offer me reduced prices.

    Any suggestions what company to choose for delivery from Australia to Australia and Australia to Overseas? I will be selling on my store webpage, facebook, ebay and amazon. Should I be using just one company from all or different company for differnt source?

    Highly appreciated

    T Memon

    Hi The Sizzle Store,

    I suggest you use a third party logistics service provider. You can take advantage of 3PLs relationship and discounts from these big shipping companies which will result in reduced shipping rates on your part. You can also save time and focus your attention on how to grow your business.

    Cheers,
    Rod

    #1165228
    The Sizzle Store
    Member
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    0
    ::
    RodBartley, post: 191371 wrote:
    Hi The Sizzle Store,

    I suggest you use a third party logistics service provider. You can take advantage of 3PLs relationship and discounts from these big shipping companies which will result in reduced shipping rates on your part. You can also save time and focus your attention on how to grow your business.

    Cheers,
    Rod

    Hi Rod

    Thanks for your advise.

    Can you please specify some third party logistics service providers? Are you refering to DHL, UPS, FedEx and TNT? I have tried them but they are expensive too. On phone, they are unable to provide me the quote (or same as online quote).

    Thanks again
    Tarique

    #1165229
    Simply Money Honey
    Member
    • Total posts: 78
    Up
    0
    ::

    I would get quotes from Fastway and Couriers Please they seem to be cheaper than Australia Post for most locations.

    Cheers

    Gabrielle

    #1165230
    MissSassy
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up
    0
    ::

    There are a few like, e-go and Inxpress that provide quite an affordable service and may be worth looking into further.

    #1165231
    Jenny Spring
    Member
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    0
    ::
    The Sizzle Store, post: 191215 wrote:
    Hi everyone

    Again it is the same old enemy of online stores. The Shipping

    I have an online store and it is a new setup.

    My products will come from Pakistan. Once they arrive here, I will send them to the buyers all around the world. Apparantly Australia Post is very expensive (domestic and internationa). I will sell a T-Shirt for a price of 6.99 plus $8 delivery and it is not very sexy shopping. I have been given advise to open a business account with TNT, UPS or DHL (big shipping companies). They will offer me reduced prices.

    Any suggestions what company to choose for delivery from Australia to Australia and Australia to Overseas? I will be selling on my store webpage, facebook, ebay and amazon. Should I be using just one company from all or different company for differnt source?

    Highly appreciated

    T Memon
    Hi T Memon

    When you do your researching, make sure you ask them what they charge for ‘redeliveries’. This is a ‘hidden’ cost and it is surprising how much you will rack up in redelivery charges.

    jenny

    #1165232
    RodBartley
    Member
    • Total posts: 17
    Up
    0
    ::
    The Sizzle Store, post: 191438 wrote:
    Hi Rod

    Thanks for your advise.

    Can you please specify some third party logistics service providers? Are you refering to DHL, UPS, FedEx and TNT? I have tried them but they are expensive too. On phone, they are unable to provide me the quote (or same as online quote).

    Thanks again
    Tarique

    Hi Tarique,

    You can visit our website http://www.npfulfilment.com.au and here are a few list of 3PLs in Australia for you to review.

    http://www.australianfulfilment.com.au
    http://www.ordermanagementsystems.com.au
    http://www.hendersonlogistics.com.au
    http://www.teamworkoz.com.au
    http://www.w-e.com.au
    http://www.expressfulfillment.com.au/
    http://www.clientbasefulfilment.com.au/
    http://www.pikpak.com.au/
    http://www.coghlan.com.au/
    http://www.e-quikfulfillment.com.au/
    http://www.realtimeexpress.com.au
    http://www.mmailm.com.au
    http://www.tldistribution.com.au
    http://www.bettapak.com.au/

    Regards,
    Rod

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.