Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Shipping from China to Australia

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Roby
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi,

New here, just wanting to know if I ship 4 different packages into Australia under a $1000each to 4 different addresses 3 to employees address and 1 to my own, am I breaching any laws or customs?

Thanks in advance

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    Roby, post: 237613, member: 83938 wrote:
    Hi,

New here, just wanting to know if I ship 4 different packages into Australia under a $1000each to 4 different addresses 3 to employees address and 1 to my own, am I breaching any laws or customs?

Thanks in advance

Are you saying you are deliberately splitting ONE purchase across 4 deliveries so you can avoid paying duties? If so, I believe you may already be aware that technically this is a deliberate avoidance of duties and may breach customs regulations.

If customs identifies these parcels as being from the same order, regardless of delivery address, you will incur fees.

May I ask why are you trying to avoid fees?

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Roby
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

No , I have been paying duties and other costs as all my shipments have been over a $1000 currently and being sent to me and then I split the products to the 3 employees who live 250 to 600kms away from me I was just thinking to save time and productivity for me, as well shipping time for them as well, just if it can be already be sorted before it gets into Australia, even if it’s over a $1000 and I still pay duties, etc.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Ah, now i see :)

Technically the answer is you are still responsible for duties. The wording mentions something about duties due on invoices amount – so if you receive one invoice with one invoice number and split deliveries on that basis you are technically required to pay – if customs identify it :)

Sure there will be more experienced people that may have more input.

Cheers and welcome to FS

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.