Home – New Forums Logistics Shipping from USA – New York – Sharing a container

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ecomad
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

Hi
    Need to import some product from New York to Melbourne and should take up half a 20 foot container – is anyone out there importing containers from the USA or needs to that we may be able to share costs on.

Not sure if this is feasible – just trying to find ways to reduce my cost. I have used DHL in Melbourne for a past shipment (1 pallet) but does anyone recommend a freight company that might offer cheaper rates. Looking at Door to Door unless it’s cheaper and easy for me to hire a truck and pick up at port.

Cheers – Chris

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    Ecomad, post: 211935 wrote:
    Hi
    Need to import some product from New York to Melbourne and should take up half a 20 foot container – is anyone out there importing containers from the USA or needs to that we may be able to share costs on.

Not sure if this is feasible – just trying to find ways to reduce my cost. I have used DHL in Melbourne for a past shipment (1 pallet) but does anyone recommend a freight company that might offer cheaper rates. Looking at Door to Door unless it’s cheaper and easy for me to hire a truck and pick up at port.

Cheers – Chris

Hi Chris

Interesting proposition, personally i do not think you will find anyone in this forum (although hope you do) that will share a container from New York as such and from my perspective i would not always advise this as there can be additional hidden fees that can cause grief once landed if both parties do not agree on the end price.

EG; where is container unpack, who is responsible etc etc which adds more queries such as if its dropped at your warehouse why should the other person pay for freight to be dropped at your warehouse and then again to have sent to them as end destination.. Just food for thought.

Personally, i would recommend LCL through a reputable forwarder.. If you want contacts, i know someone that would be ideal which i am happy to offer to you, only if you dont already have this as an option.

Cheers and good luck
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Ecomad
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Thanks – I see your point sharing a container – bit risky so won’t be doing that. Have had a couple of replies from this forum who have sent me some logistics details but the more the merrier. I am one for getting at least 3 quotes :)

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    Ecomad, post: 212459, member: 54892 wrote:
    Thanks – I see your point sharing a container – bit risky so won’t be doing that. Have had a couple of replies from this forum who have sent me some logistics details but the more the merrier. I am one for getting at least 3 quotes :)

Sounds like you are under way, awesome :)

Wishing you all the best.

Jason

ps.. be wary of some emails you may receive from open forums.. Although the FS guys/gals are awesome some unscrupulous people can still slide through registration processes so do your due diligence still

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.