Home – New Forums Logistics Shipping skin care products overseas

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jetaus01
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with skin care product exporting overseas?

In summary my business concept is an Australian skin care line produced from a private label company in Australia with organic certified oil ingredients etc.

Ideally I would like to offer world wide delivery but I am a little afraid of customs and how to know what can and can’t be sent – I would hate to start receiving orders just for them to be destroyed by customers but im not really sure where to start!

Any advice will be highly appreciate :)

jetaus01
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

In addition to this, I have some concerns regarding liability internationally. Obviously I would have insurance in Australia, but how could one possibly be sure to comply with every country internationally? or if the product is made and sold in Australia but sold directly to the consumer internationally (not exported to shops overseas etc) would that simply be covered by Australian law and liability

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi jetaus01,

Good on you for thinking these things through at the beginning of the process, rather than once you’re up and running.

If you’ve already chosen your contract manufacturer, have a chat with them about your regulatory concerns – I think you’ll find they either have in house assistance available or are able to recommend you to a consultant that can help.

There are some very experienced insurance brokers here on the forum, so I have my fingers crossed that one of them will be able to advise you on those parts of your query.

All the best with it,
    Jayne

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.