Home Forums Selling online Shopify and Bank accounts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Greatlife77
    • Total posts: 1

Hi there,
    I’ve just joined and found a lot of great comments out there.

My dilemma is I want to sell world wide, and the USA is the best starting point for me.
    With Shopify when I use a USA address it will default to a USA bank account. Can’t use an Australian account. I would have to physically go to the USA an open up one there. (That is not possible at present).

Is there a third party software that I can use still keeping the the USA address where I can get access to the funds being transferred to an Aussie bank account?

I know this sounds very complicated, I have my reasons for starting in the US being the biggest market. I will be expanding to Australia and Europe which raises more questions about funds being transferred.

Thanks for listening, look forward to your comments.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,158

Welcome,

There are several ways you can do this, actually if you search the forum these international accounts have been raised before from memory, although below are a few options:
    https://transferwise.com/au/multi-currency-account/pricing
    or for a more corporate structure and legal US entity, maybe:
    https://stripe.com/atlas

Good luck

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712

Why can’t you use shopify with your own address and bank account and make it a site that caters to the world with ‘offices in the US and other countries’ then it doesn’t matter where you customers come from? I never had any problems marketing to my US customers with my Australian based site, they just see the site in their own currency and they really don’t care where the site is based – they just want their stuff.

Sorry, I can’t see what the problem is. Please explain where the issue is.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.