Home – New Forums Selling online Shopify – Shipping Large items not heavy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mr Solo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi
    Does anybody use shopify?

I’m having trouble in terms of shopify gives you a flat rate shipping or by weight.

I have items like lanterns and stuff from 10cm – 45cm
    they are are light weight items but when people buy alot, postage / shipping becomes as we box them up

Does anybody have a solution what we can do? Is there an app that can cube up the items and give a rate via Australia post or some other platform

any help from owners would be great.

Thank you

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Have you been in touch with the Shopify shipping app providers and asked them?

You could also investigate small, Australian based 3PL providers.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers
    ~Paul

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hey Paul 👋🏼 and OP

Paul, great advice.. Shopify has a great support team (CS) that will navigate these waters….

OP, having an app that would calculate the combined postage and then create a CBM for you on those combined items may be the same as the Shopify shipping offering as it all relies heavily on your inputted data.

Most eComm operators would potentially look at the combined value and price the largest item at a rate to cover the lesser items that may be added into the shipping – or, take some as a loss leader and average out the freight to cover costs and also have profit in said products – the more we sell the better in most situations…

Please, please dont forget to ensure you DO NOT have those pesky remote locals set up unless you are lifting rates to cover – just those sizes sound large…

Re the local 3PL provider, if you have a decent margin, this could also be an option as they may have the benefit of non cubed rates that could benefit a product like yours.

Wishing you all the best
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    haisnthacr
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

You can use apps like ShipStation to connect AusPost and it will give you a rate via Auspost. Let me know if you have any questions.

Scarlett74
    Participant
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

You can use apps like ShipStation to connect AusPost and it will give you a rate via Auspost. Let me know if you have any questions.

I agree with you, Using ShipStation and its working.

RobertLMoore
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

I recently used Shopify https://apps.shopify.com/easyorder to ship a large item that was not particularly heavy. I was amazed at the ease of use and the low shipping rates. The item arrived quickly and securely. I would definitely recommend Shopify to anyone shipping large items that are not excessively heavy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.