Home Forums Selling online SHOPIFY STORE

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    DM_64
    • Total posts: 15

Wondered if anyone has been asked this before?

My online store is running successfully and is due for its annual review by Shopify.
    As part of this review they are requesting copies of supplier invoices.

Has anyone had this asked of them by Shopify and, if so, did you manage to avoid providing this information, which I would consider confidential?

chewlim
    • Total posts: 13

Never heard this before. Maybe worth posting your question on https://www.facebook.com/groups/shopifybusinessesaustralia/

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712

I have never had that asked of me either.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,472

Are you sure the email came from shopify and not a scam email, trying to get business details. check the address on the email, and contact shopify direct.

DM_64

Thanks for the replies and, yes Bert, definitely from Shopify.
    From email:

– Shipping information:
    Examples of 10 verifiable tracking numbers (include courier name + Shopify order number) or 10 dated post office receipts
    – Proof of Inventory:
    Dated invoices from supplier outlining quantities or dated manufacturing agreement

Jason Ramage
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,159

Howdy,

This is something they do, although it tends to be from the merchant gateway and not shopify as such (unless changed) as they are checking items are legitimate in most cases.. We had it happen with another shop we run, supplied invoices and so forth and all was ok.. took a week i think…

Issue i had, they shut down our payment gateway (held funds) whilst checking instead of asking questions before sanctioning..

J

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: hello@lucasarthur.net.au   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    DM_64
    LucasArthur, post: 267246, member: 34537 wrote:
    Howdy,

This is something they do, although it tends to be from the merchant gateway and not shopify as such (unless changed) as they are checking items are legitimate in most cases.. We had it happen with another shop we run, supplied invoices and so forth and all was ok.. took a week i think…

Issue i had, they shut down our payment gateway (held funds) whilst checking instead of asking questions before sanctioning..

J
    Cheers Jason, yes, withholding my payments also.

businesstrade
    Participant
    • Total posts: 210

Perhaps they’re just protecting their platform from having too many unscrupulous sellers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.