Home – New Forums Selling online Shopping Cart Integration

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    JasTsan
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hi all!

I’m a freelance graphic designer by trade and I have designed and coded a simple website for my client to market a new product. He now wants to go to the next level and start selling his product online. I have researched extensively about the elements that are needed. I’m pretty clear about payment gateways, security and merchant accounts.

The thing I’m finding hard to get my head around is shopping carts. I know there are hosted and licensed ones and what each involve, it’s just all the ones I have looked at seem to include the shop front and/or the full eCommerce solution. I’m just looking the integrate a good shopping cart with inventory tracking, a good amount of design customisation for the checking out process and decent customer service. I don’t want any help with the actual website itself, just need a nice integration for the shopping cart.

Here is my website so far: http://www.herboristaustralia.com.au [Ed: updated link]

The client has already sign off on the design and is quite happy with it so I don’t want to disturb it or have the shopping cart change it.
    I ideally want something like http://www.sukinorganics.com.au where the shopping cart and checking out process seems to be integrated into the site.

Any recommendations?
    Many thanks in advance!

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

The link to your site is going to a blank Godaddy domain for sale page, might want fix this prior to integrating a shopping cart.

JasTsan
    Up
    estim8, post: 191393 wrote:
    The link to your site is going to a blank Godaddy domain for sale page, might want fix this prior to integrating a shopping cart.

Sorry, I meant http://www.herboristaustralia.com.au

I already created a product page but I’m guessing I have to re-design it with my chosen shopping cart software?

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

That’s better.

Sounds like your preference is for a drop in cart, I’m not an ecommerce expert but this works, and it’s free ECWID. How easy it is to theme I’m not sure. I have used it and it’s certainly easy to drop into any site.

Seems the site you have is really acting as a “wireframe” for what you actually want.

My only other suggestion would to build another site with an integrated cart, and swap the domain to it when you’re happy with it.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hey Jas,

Sounds like you’re up and running with some advice already, so I just wanted to add a big welcome to the forums!

Great to have you here. :)

Dave

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    JasTsan, post: 191398 wrote:
    Sorry, I meant http://www.herboristaustralia.com.au

I already created a product page but I’m guessing I have to re-design it with my chosen shopping cart software?

Hello Jas,

Firstly do you intend just having the one (or a few) products? If so then the easiest path for you right now is just to add a PayPal pay now button and use a PayPal business account.

If you have lots of products and want to manage inventory and do orders and customer management then you need a ecommerce solution that will fit the business. That would need a rebuild of the site but there are many benefits to be had.

Just adding a plug-in cart creates longer term issues and can result in poor scalability and maintenance issues. It also limits the potential for other ecommerce capabilities for marketing and promotions. You need also to make sure that it is mobile friendly.

You have done a nice job with the design and layout, recreating what you have done so far in one of the hosted solutions would take a few hours.

John

JasTsan
    Up
    John Debrincat, post: 191407 wrote:
    Hello Jas,

Firstly do you intend just having the one (or a few) products? If so then the easiest path for you right now is just to add a PayPal pay now button and use a PayPal business account.

If you have lots of products and want to manage inventory and do orders and customer management then you need a ecommerce solution that will fit the business. That would need a rebuild of the site but there are many benefits to be had.

Just adding a plug-in cart creates longer term issues and can result in poor scalability and maintenance issues. It also limits the potential for other ecommerce capabilities for marketing and promotions. You need also to make sure that it is mobile friendly.

You have done a nice job with the design and layout, recreating what you have done so far in one of the hosted solutions would take a few hours.

John

Hi John,
    Thanks so much for your advice. I definitely agree Paypal is the best choice at this stage as it will cost less, I don’t have to worry about security and everyone trusts it etc. I will pitch it to my client. Thanks!

JasTsan
    Up
    estim8, post: 191401 wrote:
    That’s better.

Sounds like your preference is for a drop in cart, I’m not an ecommerce expert but this works, and it’s free ECWID. How easy it is to theme I’m not sure. I have used it and it’s certainly easy to drop into any site.

Seems the site you have is really acting as a “wireframe” for what you actually want.

My only other suggestion would to build another site with an integrated cart, and swap the domain to it when you’re happy with it.

Hi!
    Thanks for the advice! I’m very new to the ecommerce side of things and this has helped me a lot.

JasTsan
    Up

I’ve been looking into pinnacle cart for my ecommerce. Has anyone had any experience with this? Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Fond Digital Agency
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

First things first: you have no analytics scripts on your website. Setup a Google Analytics account and drop in the tag before you go any further, otherwise you’re missing one of the biggest benefits of selling digitally: actionable data!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.