Home – New Forums Starting your journey shopping e-commerce cart & accounting software

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    mrsbrown
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi – I am looking to upgrade both my shopping e-cart website and then switch to a compatible online accounting software program.

I need to see a dashboard/snapshot of daily financial status including stock held etc.

I currently use a “template” shopping cart through magicdust.com.au and a very basic cash books set up through excel for my accounts (very manual!)

Can anyone recommend affordable and user friendly option/s for a small business?

Tamper Evident
    • Total posts: 64
    Up

I use http://brightpearl.com
    Plus side:

Excellent documentation online.
    Excellent features – from Website – > Sales – > Customer Management – > Inventory -> Accounts
    I’d strongly recommended signing up for a trial and having a play with it

Downside:
    It is a UK based company. Support is great but the time difference means that you have to plan a little (have a fall back process)
    There are times when the software slows but this is temporary and normaly not a major issue.

On another note, during my 4 months using this software I’ve see 5 or 6 updates to it improving bits here and there.
    Quite happy to have a chat about it if you want some help setting things up

Tamper Evident
    • Total posts: 64
    Up

I use http://brightpearl.com
    Plus side:

Excellent documentation online.
    Excellent features – from Website – > Sales – > Customer Management – > Inventory -> Accounts
    I’d strongly recommended signing up for a trial and having a play with it

Downside:
    It is a UK based company. Support is great but the time difference means that you have to plan a little (have a fall back process)
    There are times when the software slows but this is temporary and normaly not a major issue.

On another note, during my 4 months using this software I’ve see 5 or 6 updates to it improving bits here and there.
    Quite happy to have a chat about it if you want some help setting things up

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Well hi there Mrs Brown, fancy seeing you here!

I’ll be interested in learning what feedback the community has for you, but meanwhile, thanks for dropping by and saying g’day.

Jayne :)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Well hi there Mrs Brown, fancy seeing you here!

I’ll be interested in learning what feedback the community has for you, but meanwhile, thanks for dropping by and saying g’day.

Jayne :)

woolrest
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

We were looking at Xero earlier this month, which is supposed to integrate natively with certain e-commerce solutions (I think prestashop?).

Might be worth checking out…

woolrest
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

We were looking at Xero earlier this month, which is supposed to integrate natively with certain e-commerce solutions (I think prestashop?).

Might be worth checking out…

Bob Jones
    • Total posts: 215
    Up

Perhaps the community edition of Magento is suitable. There’s a demo where you can login to here: http://demo-admin.magentocommerce.com/index.php/admin/

Also has a connector for Xero http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/xero-accountancy-and-bookkeeping-integrator-for-magento.html

What sort of shop do you have?

Bob Jones
    • Total posts: 215
    Up

Perhaps the community edition of Magento is suitable. There’s a demo where you can login to here: http://demo-admin.magentocommerce.com/index.php/admin/

Also has a connector for Xero http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/xero-accountancy-and-bookkeeping-integrator-for-magento.html

What sort of shop do you have?

mrsbrown
    Up

Hi everyone – thanks so much for your feedback. I’ll be sure to check out some of the free trials mentioned and see what fits. We currently use a “template” e-commerce site through magicdust (magicdust.com.au).Thanks again.

mrsbrown
    Up

Hi everyone – thanks so much for your feedback. I’ll be sure to check out some of the free trials mentioned and see what fits. We currently use a “template” e-commerce site through magicdust (magicdust.com.au).Thanks again.

Secureint
    • Total posts: 18
    Up

Magento and Opencart are both great free options.

Couple this with an inexpensive template from themeforest.net and you have a very cool site with a definitive wow factor :)

Secureint
    • Total posts: 18
    Up

Magento and Opencart are both great free options.

Couple this with an inexpensive template from themeforest.net and you have a very cool site with a definitive wow factor :)

nominal
    • Total posts: 504
    Up
    mrsbrown, post: 109863 wrote:
    Hi – I am looking to upgrade both my shopping e-cart website and then switch to a compatible online accounting software program.

Can anyone recommend affordable and user friendly option/s for a small business?

Our solution (see signature) is not exactly an online accounting although it mostly works off the web.

We support a few shopping carts and other online solutions:
    * ZenCart
    * Magento
    * VirtueMart
    * PayPal
    * EBay orders coming up soon.
    * Many other online integration points.

It is certainly user friendly and cost effective.
    Let me know if there anything I can do to help.

Good luck,
    Uri

nominal
    • Total posts: 504
    Up
    mrsbrown, post: 109863 wrote:

Our solution (see signature) is not exactly an online accounting although it mostly works off the web.

We support a few shopping carts and other online solutions:
    * ZenCart
    * Magento
    * VirtueMart
    * PayPal
    * EBay orders coming up soon.
    * Many other online integration points.

It is certainly user friendly and cost effective.
    Let me know if there anything I can do to help.

Good luck,
    Uri

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.