Home – New Forums Money matters short term EFTPOS options?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    kites
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

I run a small business and 90% of my customers pay via EFT, the remainder via cheques. Suits me and the nature of my customers.

I am doing a one off convention for a weekend, and will require EFTPOS just for these 3 days. I am 100% positive I wont want to keep the EFTPOS after that. Is it possible to get short term EFTPOS from somewhere?

Gordan
    • Total posts: 119
    Up

Have you tried asking your bank if they can give you the EFTPOS machine for a few days or week?

If not, have a look what their startup & closing costs are for their EFTPOS machines and then just get one and close it down when you’re done if its cost effective.

Gordan
    • Total posts: 119
    Up

Have you tried asking your bank if they can give you the EFTPOS machine for a few days or week?

If not, have a look what their startup & closing costs are for their EFTPOS machines and then just get one and close it down when you’re done if its cost effective.

kites
    Up

thanks Gordon. I’m with NAB, and their establisment fee, annual fee, monthly fee and closure fee would cost over $400 for the weekend. I was hoping for a cheaper option!

kites
    Up

thanks Gordon. I’m with NAB, and their establisment fee, annual fee, monthly fee and closure fee would cost over $400 for the weekend. I was hoping for a cheaper option!

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Do you have a smart phone? You could use the banking feature to take payments by EFT from one of the bank Apps.

Alternatively, there is a service from PayPal where you can receive payments direct from the web page. Read more at paypal.com.au

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Do you have a smart phone? You could use the banking feature to take payments by EFT from one of the bank Apps.

Alternatively, there is a service from PayPal where you can receive payments direct from the web page. Read more at paypal.com.au

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi kites,

The cost and availability of EFTPOS options is a topic that comes up on the forum quite frequently.

If you use the Search function in the grey bar above the forum and use the search term ‘EFTPOS’ you’ll find quite a number of threads where the various options have been discussed. It would take a while to read through them all, but I suspect that if you do you’ll find a few good leads to try for alternative suppliers.

Good luck with it,
    Jayne

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi kites,

The cost and availability of EFTPOS options is a topic that comes up on the forum quite frequently.

If you use the Search function in the grey bar above the forum and use the search term ‘EFTPOS’ you’ll find quite a number of threads where the various options have been discussed. It would take a while to read through them all, but I suspect that if you do you’ll find a few good leads to try for alternative suppliers.

Good luck with it,
    Jayne

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.