Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Should I pay a blogger to advertise my brand?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Fiona @opshoppers
    • Total posts: 29
    Up
    ::

Would you pay a blogger to advertise your brand?

I’ve had a few offers but am not sure how many $$ is fair. My latest offer came from a popular fashion blogger who lives in Asia. Her blog/Twitter/Facebook/Youtube page are amazing. She is interested in a ‘collaboration’ (Where I send her an outfit and she blogs about it.)

Postage alone will cost over $80. (Auspost, 4-5kg.) If I add in the cost of several items, I’m looking at around $200 cost all up.

Our target market is 16-35 women in Australia. Would I be better off targeting a similar aussie blogger? Or should I be grateful for ANY chance to be featured by a popular blogger, No matter where He/She lives?

Regards,
    Fiona @opshoppers

Fiona @opshoppers
    • Total posts: 29
    Up
    Scrooge, post: 153725 wrote:
    My initial thought would be save your money, target market and all that unless she can show you constant stats of Australian eyes on her posts.

If she can get your brand out in front of social media such as digg redit, stumbleupon that is a different ball game as that is one wide net and the ongoing publicity could be worth far more than the initial outlay which really is peanuts.

I would be asking some specifics
    What readership share ratio can you safely guarantee me
    What social clout do you have and can you get my brand out in front on social media
    What are your Australian stats
    What is your current readership and active subscribers

“What are your Australian stats” seems like a very important question in my case.Thanks for the ideas, Scrooge.

Kaylo
    • Total posts: 27
    Up

How hard it is to find good bloggers?

I’ve been looking far and wide! No luck yet, but I am looking for a fashion blogger like you have :)

I tried iWriter.com.. I would advice against it, very rude writers, difficult to deal with and for such a large site it outsource’s it’s Contact Us? Not even sure how that works.

To the point, I’m not a good writer, especially for blogs and I think it would be wiser to pay someone to do it for you. 80/20 rule :)

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

Tell me Fiona, did she approach you? She’s probably looking for ways to add more content to her blog.

All of what’s been outlined above makes perfect sense and yes, you need to know about her stats and her audience.

But more to the point, if you hadn’t been contacted, would it have occurred to you to contact a blogger to try and promote your brand? When it comes to that you could possibly set up an affiliate system so that multiple sites could promote your brand.

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up

All of those questions are good, standard questions for bloggers. Some will request payment while others won’t. I can introduce you to some Australian fashion bloggers so you can find the right blogger for your target market. First of all check your target market to see if they’re right for your clothes, a decent fashion blogger would know these things. I have a friend who blogs about affordable fashion, she despairs of me as I don’t care about clothes.

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up

Excellent stuff.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.