Home – New Forums Find the help you need Shout out! Shops supporting handmade industry

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jen1965
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

I’m looking for bricks and mortar shops who actively support the handmade industry by selling handmade items made by other small businesses in their shops.

I have a small business magazine coming out next month which targets the handmade industry and included in the mag is a directory of B&M shops around the country that are happy to stock product made by locals.

Any shop would need to be happy to accept enquiries from readers regarding stocking their handmade goods.

If you are one of these businesses or you know of one please contact me :)

Jen

TashJ
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

My favourite is http://www.handmadecanberra.com.au. They stock only handmade items with strict rules about being made in Australia. They also run handmade markets regularly which are very popular.
    I’m a big fan of the handmade industry. Good luck with your mag :)

Eleanor
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hi Jen, City Precinct has a number of members in Melbourne CBD that are boutique, high end jewellery stores. Their ranges are drawn solely from their own pieces, or commissioned and sourced from local jewellers and artists. Feel free to email me for more information and we can determine which of our members might be the most suitable for your publication.
    Kind regards, Eleanor.
    [email protected]

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    Jen1965, post: 182012 wrote:
    I’m looking for bricks and mortar shops who actively support the handmade industry by selling handmade items made by other small businesses in their shops.

I have a small business magazine coming out next month which targets the handmade industry and included in the mag is a directory of B&M shops around the country that are happy to stock product made by locals.

Any shop would need to be happy to accept enquiries from readers regarding stocking their handmade goods.

If you are one of these businesses or you know of one please contact me :)

Jen

Hi Jen

Les at Story Boutique in Floreat Forum, Perth stocks a wealth of WA handmade goodies. http://www.storyboutique.com.au/

Jenny Spring

Jen1965
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Thanks for the suggestions, businesses have been contacted.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.