Home – New Forums Selling online Showing prices or not?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    flagstaffIV
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Happy Sunday FS!

So I have started using social media (instagram and fb) to get people to my blog/fb. I have placed a short spiel about my store in some fb buy/sell/trade groups which has gotten a small amount of queries so fair.

I’ve even had a lot more views of my blog and two more people following me which is great.

My question is this: Should I be transparent about pricing and show it on my fb page?

At this moment I’ve asked people to PM/Email me for more information. I am offering discounted pre-orders to people who like my fb page to try and gain more likes.

What does the FS community think?

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

I would be transparent about your prices, particularly when you are offering a discount too.
    People may not know if the discount is real or not if they don’t see the promoted price.
    When the prices are shown you also get genuine interest in your product.

Just a few reasons for being transparent…..

flagstaffIV
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    MissSassy, post: 181206 wrote:
    I would be transparent about your prices, particularly when you are offering a discount too.
    People may not know if the discount is real or not if they don’t see the promoted price.
    When the prices are shown you also get genuine interest in your product.

Just a few reasons for being transparent…..

Hi MissSassy,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. You have a great point. I wasn’t sure if I should or not as was concerned people wouldn’t be interested.

Cheers.

John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up

I show my prices in order to prequalify enquiries.

I don’t want to waste my time or anyone else’s.

I also find it annoying when browsing the web and I cant find simple pricing listed. It can be a nuisance having to contact several businesses just to know what they charge.

James
    Participant
    • Total posts: 268
    Up

I always lean towards showing prices as a default. Then I try to list reasons why not to show pricing. More often than not it doesn’t make sense to hide them.

In cases where there is major fluctuation based on project scope – for example service industries like building, trades – it’s definitely difficult to reveal pricing.

You could easily scare off a customer if they see average costs of $2000, when their small fix up would only cost $200.

Posting an hourly rate can be a useful way to pre-qualify leads in this sense. It’s certainly a waste of time when potential customers reach out to you only to reveal a budget of $150 for a $5,000 project.

In product-based business there are certainly fewer reasons not to show pricing. Allowing people to see your pricing and then see their savings is certainly important if discounts are part of your marketing. Discounts won’t have the same psychological impact without context.

AmberS
    • Total posts: 66
    Up

Are you tracking where your traffic comes from and which traffic tends to lead to a sale? If not, I’d suggest setting up Google Analytics and see what happens when people come to your blog / store from facebook, how many visits etc… Then put the prices on Facebook and see what happens. If you get more converting traffic , awesome. You might get less traffic but more of them end up buying.

I always say, measure what’s happening now, then again after a change and make your decisions based on that, you can always change back.

Amber

Autronics
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Definitely , the price should be shown online unless your suppliers do not allow due to some reason.

I am running online shop for a couple of years , showing price really attracts much more traffic ,
    Regards,Gavin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Mister. I,

I would put the theory to the test.
    Use FB to do a/b market testing.
    Set a budget and place one fb add not showing prices, then place a second add showing prices, same budget. The add that attracts the most clicks is the winner.
    You will see first hand what performs better to your target.

Steve

SACKO – Head Office
    • Total posts: 35
    Up

Hi there,

It would be much better if you’ll put prices to the products on your online store for it can attract more customers and would be more convenient for them.

Have looked at your website and it’s good to see that it has prices indicated already. Your website also looks good but I suggest you have to add more relevant content on it to gain more traffic.

Regards,
    Edelyn

FetchBargain
    • Total posts: 62
    Up

Hi Mister,

As everyone has mentioned int he Forum, I will do the same as well to mention the prices on your page and It will build up a transparency among your visitors and looks better too for business.

Tessa Hartnett
    • Total posts: 68
    Up

It is always best to be transparent.

I don’t trust people that hide their prices, not sure if I have a logical reason why, but it does make me think that something is being ‘hidden’.

It also seems like you are adding increasing your work load. Having your prices front and center will eliminate ‘window shoppers’ from contacting you, saving you time.

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up

Cute shoes!

Yes, definitely show prices.

As a general rule, if we don’t find a price, we think it is too expensive. So many people won’t ask — and you’ll lose potential business.

Also, pricing can draw in a particular audience – the one you want to serve, and eliminate the ones wanting a bargain. Again, that is good.

Finally, when we don’t see pricing, we think that there is something potentially ‘tricky’ going on. For example, is someone else getting a better deal than me?

If you want some help on pricing, I’ve got some blog posts about dumb pricing mistakes we make you might like to read.

Good luck!

Jenny

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.