Home – New Forums Starting your journey Shudoku Competition

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cookiejoe
    • Total posts: 19
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I have an idea of organising a shudoku competition as this has been pretty popular over the years and also very educating and self development numbers game.

Do you think its a good idea to hold a competition in victoria first, getting sponsors and giving out prizes for winners? I come across several countries having these comps and we can send our finalist out to compete.

The structure probably can go like this. People register and start from rd 1 then 2 and onwards till finals. We can also split them into different categories like students or age group. I think papers like herald sun will probably be interested in sponsering since they have it in exeryday newspaper. NDS is a potential sponsorer too.

Not sure if we need any approvals to hold events like this or events with prize money. What about just holiday trips or a car as prizes? unfortunately i dont know anything on events mgmt.

competitions
    • Total posts: 96
    Up

If you plan on charging an entry fee, it’s likely you will require a permit.

Good luck with it!

cookiejoe
    • Total posts: 19
    Up
    competitions, post: 33723 wrote:
    If you plan on charging an entry fee, it’s likely you will require a permit.

Good luck with it!

may i know what permits are required?
    in regardless of how much the entry fee is?
    i was thinking if there is prize money is it consider gambling.

competitions
    • Total posts: 96
    Up

If it were a competition with prizes and no entry fee, you would require a trade permit if the total prize value for the trade promotion in Victoria is more than $5,000:
    http://www.vcgr.vic.gov.au/CA256F800017E8D4/LP/1485530F53CEC73CCA25754D00792B81?OpenDocument

Any variations on this like charging to enter, perhaps contact them directly. Their phone number is on the weblink above.

Michael_R
    • Total posts: 130
    Up

http://www.abc.net.au/iview/#/view/539621

You need to take a look at this link…

You might need to talk to the main guy here as he might have already got this in play.

A very fun watch as well :)

till later

M

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.