Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Signboard with a smile

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    geoffw
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

Hi

I’m new to the forum. There’s some good ideas in here- I’m looking forward to delving in more as I have time.

I’ve done one thing a little differently from what I have seen done before. I don’t know if it’s effective in driving sales- but it does appear effective in getting people to notice.

I have an A-Frame signboard. On one side, it just has the standard Subway “get your special…”. On the other side though, I have something to make people smile.

Every now and then, Subway related. “The sub rises from the yeast”. But usually not. “Edam cheese is made backwards”.

I’ve been doing that for nearly four years now, with a different signboard every day.

I do get a lot of comments back that people drive out of their way especially just to see what the signboard of the day says.

Many come from other osurces, many are original.

I have them on my store website. I get a little traffic on that.

There are a number of signboards along the street. It is somewhat of a “food strip”.

But I think that for many people, they recognise and remember the Subway sign. The other signs along the strip do not get remembered.

And I am experimenting how I go with Facebook. I’m posting the sign of the day, every day.

Carole
    • Total posts: 67
    Up

Sounds like a great idea to me. Adds interest and gets you noticed.

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up
    geoffw, post: 8156 wrote:
    I do get a lot of comments back that people drive out of their way especially just to see what the signboard of the day says.

It just goes to show that if you bring something special to people’s lives they will seek you out.

It’s a great lesson for all business owners… thank you Geoff.

ddddyyyy
    • Total posts: 2
    Lucki
    • Total posts: 147
    Up

You have managed to find an interesting and innovative way to attract your customers and to keep them coming.

It’s a great idea and one that works extremely well. Keep at it!

Cheers
    Lucki

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.