Home Forums Selling online Signing up to Amazon FBA: Individual? Or Professional Seller?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chrispreneur
    • Total posts: 2

Hi all

I’m Chris, and am I’m based in Australia, and I am currently doing some preliminary research into starting an Amazon FBA business on the Amazon US site. My question relates to the type of seller you can choose to sign up as.

I would not, initially, be selling anywhere close to 40 products a month – I would think. So my research so far suggests it would be more appropriate to sign up as an individual. However, as an individual, you’re not eligible for the buy box, which I believe is how 80% of all sales are made on Amazon. Therefore, why would you sign up as an individual if there is an 80% chance you won’t sell anything?

Any help is much appreciated.

Chris

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,173

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo [USER=116383]@Chrispreneur[/USER] .

Hopefully some helpful members will be along soon with some advice to point you in the right direction.

Cheers

Chrispreneur
    • Total posts: 2

Thanks Paul. Yes, any help with this will be great!

JDSpring
    • Total posts: 10

Hi Chris

As a baseline I would always recommend signing up as a professional as it gives you access to all the necassary tools that you need to sell efficiently and effectively, such as ‘winning the buy box’ which you pointed out already.

Go for the professional, a lot of top sellers I know often only sell 12 SKUs at any given time but it’s about the levers they are pulling in Amazon to drive stable sales traction.

Hope that helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.