Home Forums Tell me straight… Simplify the offering?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LunaMarga
    • Total posts: 45

Hello

I have a website that advertises my offerings – currently Holistic Counselling, Reiki Energy Healing and recently, I have added my online course to the mix.

As I was updating the site the other day, I wondered if I should just have the course on the site – that is, make it the main objective of the website. Most of the business I get for the other offerings (counselling and Reiki) is from locals or word of mouth.

What do you think about making the site just for the course?

As always, appreciate your feedback.
    http://www.chellefisher.com.au

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,119

Hi Chel,

When quoting I have been surprised a number of times when I might say something and the prospective customer will reply something along the lines of, “Oh yes, I read about that on your website”.

While your locals and even referrals may come your way seemingly directly, I *imagine* a good number of them have stopped by your site along the way.

Best way to find out is to ask them :-)

Your course could have a whole marketing approach devoted to it. But it would still not have to be separated from the other content, which, IMHO, would lend more credence to the course.

Cheers
    Paul

LunaMarga
    • Total posts: 45

Thanks Paul, great feedback :)

Rhonwyn
    • Total posts: 5

Hi LunaMarga,
    I’ve seen both ways done successfully. Someone who is service-based and provides great content and separates their course to a sub-domain to keep it exclusive and a bit special. For example, a 6 week course for $2k on a http://www.course.yourwebsite.com (still marketed from main website).
    And I’ve seen similar businesses keeping the course in private (log in) pages on same website, usually at $500 price point and it’s used to enhance their other offerings.
    If you plan to offer a big course, with others in the future, I’d go a separate site. If it’s just one more great service you offer, then keep it altogether. And I agree with Paul that websites are still a credibility platform (like a shop front) so it would be better to keep your main website.
    Hope that helps
    Rhonwyn

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.