Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Site Feedback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tresla
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    ::

1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
    2. What does your business do?
    3. Who is your target market?
    4. What specific concerns do you have?

1- Overall website structure, is it easy to navigate to find what you’re looking for? How does it load on the different platforms? With chrome it works nicely..

2 – My business deals primarily as an online electronics and communications store although now I have begun broadening the business to Home Security.

3- Anybody who owns a vehicle / Home / small businesses.

4- Any ideas of improving the overall functionality of the site would be appreciated. Should I maybe perhaps start up a YouTube section with product reviews? The sales are coming in, I am just looking at taking it to the next step.

Thank you for your time!
    Kind Regards,
    Chris

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi Chris,

My 2c are as follows – noting this is purely from a visitor/potential customer point of view.. am not tech savvy enough to offer any technical thoughts!

1- Overall website structure, is it easy to navigate to find what you’re looking for? How does it load on the different platforms? With chrome it works nicely..

Load time (Firefox) was quick; absolutely fine.
    Navigation seems ok to me in terms of searching/finding product.

4- Any ideas of improving the overall functionality of the site would be appreciated. Should I maybe perhaps start up a YouTube section with product reviews? The sales are coming in, I am just looking at taking it to the next step.

In terms of improving ‘functionality’ I am not really sure how else the site could function. Personally, I wouldn’t watch a YouTube video of product reviews – I’d be more likely to read them, but, that’s just me and not necessarily the norm these days.

I would like to see – your “Blog” link go somewhere. At the moment it’s returning a ‘page cannot be found’ type message. If you are not ready to keep a blog, perhaps hide that page for now?

I would also like to see more contact information. You reference being able to ask questions, and obviously hold a lot of importance in your customer service and assisting people with their queries, but, the only way to contact you is the web form. I like to see, at the very least, a phone number and email address on the ‘contact us’ page. Preferably also postal address (or at least suburb/state – I realise you mention this on the ‘About Us’ page but not everyone will read that) and ABN. If I can’t easily contact a person or check on the business this way, personally, I move on.

The name you are using is also a little inconsistent so you just need to be careful that this is not confusing. For example, your Logo says “Icetronix Auto Accessories”, your copyright notice says “Icetronix Auto Accessories Store” and your registered business name (and referenced in content) is simply “Icetronix”. You must register a business name when trading by something other than your own name, so you need to be sure it doesn’t appear that you are trading as (for example) “Icetronix Auto Accessories” when it is simply Icetronix you have registered for trading purposes.

(Sorry, nature of my business to pick up on these things!) – Someone else could, for example, register something like “Icetronix Auto Accessories Store” with ASIC so it could be confusing if you are also using this name. ASIC is not worried about confusingly similar names so would allow such a name to co-exist with your business name being registered. Trademark registration is available to protect a name in that sense.

Sorry to have digressed.

Overall, I find the site easy to use/navigate, and other than the contact information think it’s easy to find what I am looking for etc.

All the best with it :)

SYP
    • Total posts: 28
    Up

I think its a good functional site. All the menus and functions are well placed. Product pages are concise and give the user appropriate information. On a whole everything works well.

The only 2 problems I have is the load time and the home page banners. It seems it takes a while to load up pages regardless of which browser I use. And also the homepage seems a bit cluttered at the top with the 2 banners. I think it would be better to remove one of them and have your Top Selling Products higher and at the forefront of your page. That’s just my opinion.

All in all a great job for such a big site. All the best!

FetchBargain
    • Total posts: 62
    Up

That’s true that site takes a little longer to load. Can you try to integrate cloudflare reverse proxy server. It’s free to use and all it does is cache your site pages and show it to your visitors quickly hence improve the load time.

Give it a try.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.