Home – New Forums Find the help you need Site Overhaul: Expressions of interest from EXPERIENCED web developers needed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up
    ::

Hi All,
    I have a client looking for an experienced developer based in Sydney to overhaul a complex website.

The site is 7 years old and has already been through two major overhauls. The last one was implemented with a bunch of significant tech problems.

A complete overhaul is needed.

• The site includes elements for a large business directory, magazine articles and user generated content for deals and discounts.
    • On site advertising and its management/reporting is required.
    • The client needs the site to be developed in an appropriate open source system.

Clearly, this is not your typical small business website. Site development budgets are appropriate to the project.

Interested parties, please PM me and include your email address. Also include your website URL and relevant references to enable a first cull of proposed developers.

The client want’s to make a quick selection of developers and has hopes of a fast start on implementing the site overhaul.

A short list of prospective developers will be provided to the client and they will be supplied with relevant documentation to enable them to submit an initial cost estimate.

Hope to hear from you.
    Regs,
    JohnW

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi John,

That sounds like a fantastic opportunity for somebody – I hope that one of our community ends up being the chosen provider.

Good luck with it all,
    Jayne

JohnW
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 215024, member: 2205 wrote:
    That sounds like a fantastic opportunity for somebody – I hope that one of our community ends up being the chosen provider.
    Hi Jayne,
    I’ve not had any enquiries yet.

This is one for experienced programmers. The site is currently built in WordPress but a number of overseas developers had their hands in its evolution to the point where it is a mess that needs a complete system rebuild as well as mobile enhancement.

I expect this to be a project well in excess of $10K – perhaps even 2+ times this.

I hope the client’s requirement for a Sydney-based developer still leaves some good folk in the offing.
    Regs,
    JohnW

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up

Hi John,

If you can stretch your reach to Perth I may be interested. I don’t have a website any longer (closed my former business down, but still freelancing), however I am more than happy to share sites I have done with you, including just a couple days ago finishing a redesign for a member of this forum.

Working with large systems doesn’t scare me, once I get a look at the site and code I could recommend if to keep it within WP or move to something like Drupal or other.

Cheers,

Brett

JohnW
    Up
    BrettM33, post: 215101, member: 18280 wrote:
    Hi John,

If you can stretch your reach to Perth I may be interested.
    Cheers,

Brett
    Hi Brett,
    It’s not me insisting on a Sydney-based developer, it is my client.

Sorry about that.
    Regs,
    JohnW

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up
    JohnW, post: 215111, member: 6375 wrote:
    Hi Brett,
    It’s not me insisting on a Sydney-based developer, it is my client.

Sorry about that.
    Regs,
    JohnW

No worries :) If your client changes their mind feel free to let me know.

Cheers,

Brett

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

We have just done a project like that! Go live next week.

We are in Melbourne though!

Hope you find someone.

Cheers,

Matt

JohnW
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 215121, member: 3997 wrote:
    We have just done a project like that! Go live next week.

We are in Melbourne though!

Hope you find someone.

Cheers,

Matt
    Thanks Matt.

Client had a bad experience with the last site overhaul and a developer who was not available for face-to-face discussions.

Afraid I won’t get any compromise on the location issue.

Best regs,
    JohnW

cashflowco
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

I based in Sydney and have built 100’s mobile friendly webpages for Client over the last 2 years.

I have been building WordPress site for over 7 years, Happy to have a chat, to see if I help your client.

JohnW
    Up
    cashflowco, post: 215283, member: 68163 wrote:
    I based in Sydney and have built 100’s mobile friendly webpages for Client over the last 2 years.

I have been building WordPress site for over 7 years, Happy to have a chat, to see if I help your client.
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply. I’ve sent you a PM.
    Regs,
    JohnW

Hatching_It
    • Total posts: 414
    Up

Hi JohnW,

Just my 2c here but when I originally read your post and specifically this line

Quote:
    Clearly, this is not your typical small business website. Site development budgets are appropriate to the project.

I was imagining a larger ($30k-$50k+) job, obviously this type of job usually means taking the majority of your workforce (when you’re a micro/small business) and diverting to the project.

Now that you’ve been more specific and thrown out the ballpark $10k+ figure I think you’d get more interest from businesses on flying solo – maybe look at editing your original post to include this?

Of course I could be completely off the mark…

JohnW
    Up
    Hatching_It, post: 215377, member: 53049 wrote:
    Hi JohnW,

Just my 2c here but when I originally read your post and specifically this line

I was imagining a larger ($30k-$50k+) job, obviously this type of job usually means taking the majority of your workforce (when you’re a micro/small business) and diverting to the project.

Now that you’ve been more specific and thrown out the ballpark $10k+ figure I think you’d get more interest from businesses on flying solo – maybe look at editing your original post to include this?

Of course I could be completely off the mark…
    Hi Hatching It,
    Thanks for your suggestions.
    Regs,
    JohnW

SocialMediaWorks.co
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

Our team Digital Marketing Strategy Group have a team of developers. Our head office is in Noosa, but we travel to clients who require it for essential meetings. If you’d like to pm me I shall have our Sales Manager discuss the project with you in detail.
    http://www.dmsg.com.au

JohnW
    Up

Hi All,
    The client has now selected a web developer for this project.

Helen,
    Thanks for your response but the client was very insistent on a Sydney-based developer.
    Regs,
    JohnW

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Thanks for the update John – I’ve now closed this thread to further responses.

Cheers,
    Jayne

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Site Overhaul: Expressions of interest from EXPERIENCED web developers needed’ is closed to new replies.