Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Site review (ad placement)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    SmartBizBlog
    • Total posts: 101
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

I’m looking for some feedback on the ad placements for my site. I’ve recently re-introduced adsense, and would like to know your thoughts on my ad types/placement (both main page, and on a single post).

http://www.smartbizblog.com

Thanks in advance.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up
    SmartBizBlog, post: 124669 wrote:
    Hi All,

I’m looking for some feedback on the ad placements for my site. I’ve recently re-introduced adsense, and would like to know your thoughts on my ad types/placement (both main page, and on a single post).

http://www.smartbizblog.com

Thanks in advance.

I think you have done well to incorporate them aesthetically. The location is good – on both counts – they dont grab my attention away from your content.

Steve

Blue Jet
    • Total posts: 189
    Up

Great work in camouflaging your ads through the site.

You must love facebook fans, you have three facebook links at the moment, the first two are next to each other above the ads on the right and the third one is in the footer of your site.

My opinion: remove/replace the facebook box with the “Latest Articles” and have like this:

1. Latest Articles
    2. Google ads
    3. Making waves this month
    4. Contributed Galleries
    5. Information
    6. Facebook box

Are your ads text only or image and text?

p.s great website :)

SmartBizBlog
    Up

Thanks for the review guys. I’ve taken your feedback on board BlueJet and changed the order. I always thought the facebook saturation was a little too much.

Also, yes, I only dish up text based ads and so far this strategy has worked better than I thought. It seems to be unobtrusive and it doesn’t slow down my users browser experience too much.

Next, I just need to optimise the SEO of the site to dish up the most appropriate ads.

Paul B.
    • Total posts: 119
    Up

I like your ad placement. In fact I like your website as a whole. Its has alot of content but still looks clean and presentable.

Good work.

SmartBizBlog
    Up

Thanks for the kind words Paul – seems the ads are OK then. Relief.

Blue Jet
    Up

:) I like your home page a lot. And then I clicked on your other pages like Featured Articles, Health etc and I see your giant facebook box in the same place :)
    Also the long vertical ads in the rest of the pages are in red and black. Can I know why?

inkable
    • Total posts: 129
    Up

I think Blue Jet had a good suggestion. The new order works well. The ads aren’t too obtrusive yet they are clearly visible and should receive plenty of attention.

SmartBizBlog
    Up
    Blue Jet, post: 124941 wrote:
    :) I like your home page a lot. And then I clicked on your other pages like Featured Articles, Health etc and I see your giant facebook box in the same place :)
    Also the long vertical ads in the rest of the pages are in red and black. Can I know why?

Different template for the single pages – I’ve fixed that now. As for the vertical ads on the article pages, I’ve made a change to Adsense (might take a while to come into effect) to make them consistent with the rest of the site – that was just an oversight; not intentional. Thanks for picking up on that.

Blue Jet
    Up

That looks much better now :)

while you in edit mode :) you can update your footer © 2012 SmartBizBlog All rights reserved.

All the best

Leisa D
    • Total posts: 563
    Up

They are well camouflaged in visual terms, not overpowering the other content at all, yet still accessible to people interested in clicking through – perfect, I say.

Shane Walker
    • Total posts: 129
    Up

Hi SmartBizBlog! It’s Shane Walker here.

The site looks pretty good and your ad placements seem to be in good position. But just be careful on the amount of ads that you have on a single page as it can trigger a penalty on Panda. Panda does look at the amount of ads that are placed in a single page. Although you should be fairly right because you do have a lot of text per page. If you had less information per page with the same amount of ads, I’d be more concerned. So just keep an eye of your ratio of ads to the original text.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.