Home Forums Starting your journey Skincare business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    littlechef
    • Total posts: 19

Hi all,

I am very interested in creating a skincare company however i have a few questions.

What i am looking at selling in clay masks, toning mists, body butters etc. I have found a reputable Australian company based in Sydney which sells these items either in individual sizing or in bulk.

My plan is to buy in bulk, package in my own bottles and sell via an online store.

My question is, as i am not creating these products and only buying and repackaging do i still require insurance?

If so what type of insurance so i need and how do i go about getting it?

Also i am aware that labelling requirements are that each label must have a physical address of the business, as i am doing this from home, i am obviously not comfortable to use that address. How do i get around this? Could i use the address of the business where i am buying the products from?

Is there anything else i should know about?

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712

As far as I am aware you have to have the address of the packer on the label, it is called a declaration of responsibility. If you are doing it from home than that is the address. Don’t worry, if you have a couple of communication avenues on your website (contact form and phone number) then no-one will be coming to your home.

Yes, you still should have insurance. If people have a problem they will come to you for recompense, and if the products cause any harm you are not free of consequences just because the product is not made by you. I suggest that you contact an insurance broker and they can find the right insurance for you.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,472
    littlechef, post: 271943, member: 98761 wrote:
    My question is, as i am not creating these products and only buying and repackaging do i still require insurance?

Yes, the purchaser will be making you the number one defendant at court!!!

Public liability insurance,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.