Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Slogan for deals website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    websitedesigner
    • Total posts: 917
    Up
    ::

Hi guys I am starting a deals website – called Discount Deals. It’s nothing revolutionary. I will just be finding cheap products in bulk and selling them cheap. We will be marketing it via social media and give-aways (no advertising) and we will be choosing products based on what is selling well at the time in other places and what our customers suggest to us via the website so we will be driven by the crowd but it’s not group buying, doesn’t matter how many people buy a product, the deal is there regardless.

I’ve got most things ready to go but I’m just stuck on the slogan. Perhaps I don’t even need one, it will be very obvious what the site is about, there is only up to 4 products at a time and they are cheap! But I feel like I kind of want a slogan. Actually maybe even a few slogans that I can rotate.

Any ideas? It can’t be something corny or generic, if I can’t find a good one I just won’t have one but all ideas are welcome.

Thanks

Dan

n8ores
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Hey Dan,

Just brainstorming with ya here

Discount Deals – the name says it all.

Discount Deals – Its cheap, its fun.

Discount Deals – Never pay full price again.

Discount Deals – Mates rates on the web.

Discount Deals – a new bargain every week.

MarketingHQ
    • Total posts: 142
    Up

Discount Deals: Where there’s always a deal to be done

mike_allen
    • Total posts: 74
    Up

Do it with Dan!

WhereAreThey
    Participant
    • Total posts: 51
    Up

Maybe something like this

“Our Deals are so good we don’t need a slogan”

LOL

WhereAreThey
    Participant
    Up

or

“Our discounts are so good we even discounted our slo….”

seolyka2
    • Total posts: 157
    Up

What about this one:

Discount Deals: Get More, Pay Less!

zhenjie
    • Total posts: 78
    Up

“Is Deal. Is Good”

ok I’m not that great with slogans. Maybe try get some inspiration from international deal sites :)?

travelmaster
    • Total posts: 200
    Up

maybe :

“It’s a deal!”

PhillipaKiripatea
    • Total posts: 21
    Up
    WhereAreThey, post: 59159 wrote:
    or

“Our discounts are so good we even discounted our slo….”

I like this one! Quite funny…

travelmaster
    • Total posts: 200
    Up

aparently there is some unwritten marketing rule, that the slogan/tag line shouldn’t be more than six words.

when you look at any “big” brands out there and their lines it definitely is the case.

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

Discount Deals – ‘Everything you need at the price you want’

websitedesigner
    Up

Hi guys, awesomeness thanks heaps, I didn’t see all of these. I’m keeping a document with all of them and I’ll change them every couple of weeks. I’m also trying to keep note of who suggested them so I can link back to your site so if you make more suggestions make sure you add a link to your site.

N8ores, thanks heaps I especially like the mates rates one and the name says it all thing (which kind of makes we think I don’t need one but yeah I still want one ha). Leme know what site you want me to link to if I put it up.

Chris, thanks that made me think – I wonder if I could somehow structure it so people could actually negotiate better prices via live chat based on what they are prepared to do – i.e. put a link on their website, retweet something, facebook etc and give them a bigger discount. hmmmm I’ll try that and see how it goes. Thanks again.

Mike, ha thanks, I might have to put my prices up.

WhereAreThey – love it ha, it’s in the list. Do you know your site’s been hacked?

Oh and that second one is even better, I love it, I think I might run with it first ha. Seriously about your site though check it out.

Thanks seolyka, nice and simple, it’s in the list.

zhenjie – it’s good I like it ha. Plenty of inspiration here! but yes good idea I’ll check them out. Do you have a site?

Travelmaster thanks even more simple maybe I should have a competition for the shortest slogan ha, thanks again and good point re the 6 words.

Thanks AgentMail, I’m only planning on selling a few things so maybe have to tweak it a bit but thanks. Your business looks interesting, I’m in Brissy too I’ll keep you in mind although it would be good to have an opt-in on your site like a ‘follow us on twitter’ or ‘subscribe to our mailing list’ cause I might forget! But stay in touch and thanks

Keep em coming lol.

WhereAreThey
    Participant
    Up
    websitedesigner, post: 59797 wrote:

WhereAreThey – love it ha, it’s in the list. Do you know your site’s been hacked?

Oh and that second one is even better, I love it, I think I might run with it first ha. Seriously about your site though check it out.

Thanks for the heads up on our site, when we bought the site it was a joomla site, we stayed with it but I never liked joomla because I had heard it has some security issues well guess what thats where they got in through the Joomla admin, rest of the site was ok but we were looking at a re-design so I guess now is as good a time as any but this time no Joomla LOL.

websitedesigner
    Up

Hi mate I’ve built hundreds of sites with Joomla, it will only get hacked if it’s not kept up to date – like any open source CMS so you need to factor this in when having it developed, you need to make sure your developer is patching it when new versions come out which is easy as long as he hasn’t customised the Joomla core.

It does seem to be targetted a lot though, for simple sites, WordPress is a bit easier.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.