Home – New Forums Get productive Small business coaching advice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Xperiences
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi

New member .

Have been looking into getting help to implement systems into my business and have spoken to several business coaches,, all seem to want BIG $$$$$ for a few hours a month to assist.

Any real help in this area would be appreciated.

Have a great small business going extremely well,what we offer is very popular just after implementing systems i can then duplicate in other areas;as looking to expand into other operational area’s ,,,

Please feel free to email or call me directly

[email protected]
    Mobile 0400025509

Cheers

Ray

Renee Barber
    • Total posts: 360
    Up

Hi Ray

First of all, welcome!

While I’m definitely not a business coach (apart from the coaching I give my own business based on my marketing training and experience), the first thing I’d suggest would be for you to sit down and write up some concrete information about what’s working, what isn’t and what you’d like to achieve.

By the way, your business sounds cool from what I briefly saw by visiting your website. From a design standpoint, there’s a bit I could say, but I’ll start and end by saying I found the blue background to be rather overwhelming.

Anyway, I believe there may be a few business coaches on this forum that can probably help you out and hopefully ‘share the love’ here so the rest of us can benefit from their thoughts.

Ric Willmot
    • Total posts: 141
    Up

Ray,
    There is an enormous amount of free tools, resources and information on my website; help yourself.

There is a free monthly newsletter (subscribe on the home page of our site) and my blog: http://www.ricwillmot.com

Good luck!
    Rgds,
    Ric

Rachel Reeves
    • Total posts: 148
    Up

Hi Ray – and welcome,

On your point re business coaches wanting big $$$$$’s. You might be right, but I do believe when it comes to investing in this particular area you do get what you pay for. My business coach is in Canada would you believe and yes, I pay a good amount for her services. The growth that I get back from those few hours every 6 weeks is about ten fold.

You’re probably thinking, in Canada, why Canada? Well, this lovely lady was a guest speaker at a virtual seminar that I attended and when she spoke it really did feel like she was speaking to me personally. Then when I was looking for a business coach a year down the track her name remained etched in my mind so I looked her up and asked if she might be able to help me.

What I guess I am saying here is – find someone who is right for you and they are worth every penny if you can afford it.

Ric Willmot
    • Total posts: 141
    Up

Rachel,

I’m not surprised that you work with a coach who is based in Canada.
    There have been more than 200 members from 9 different countries graduate through my Mentor Program over the last four years. The uniqueness of my program is that members have unlimited access to me for the 6-months!

One member is the owner of Iran Land & Sea Co. This is a USD $100 million p.a. turnover organisation. Mr Malek has just renewed for his third, six-month program. He flies to Dubai every time I am there and stays at the same hotel I do, so he can share breakfast and dinner with me.

A Mowing & Maintenance franchise from Melbourne enroled all 7 Licensees into the program in January this year.

Geography matters, not.

Rgds,
    Ric

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Hi Ray

From what you say it may be that the support you need is less a coach and more a consultant with a speciality in systems.

I’d try posting a request in these forums and talk more about the requirement than the means of delivery.

It’s surprising who pops up with just what you’re looking for.

Good luck,

Robert

Lisa Murray – Biz Coach
    • Total posts: 112
    Up

Hi Ray
    If you want hands-on help with systems implementation this can get expensive as generally it is time-consuming!

If you just need direction or ideas re what systems to implement that will effectively leverage your business then a good coach should be able to help within one or two sessions.

I do offer laser coaching for ‘one-off’ requirements – this can be a lot more affordable. Also on my blog you’ll find lots of general info around these topics.

Feel free to give me a call on 0404 603 513.

cheers
    Lisa

Rachel Reeves
    • Total posts: 148
    Up
    robert_gerrish, post: 4617 wrote:
    From what you say it may be that the support you need is less a coach and more a consultant with a speciality in systems.

Hi Ray,

What Robert has said here has a lot of merit – maybe what you are after is consultant in this specialty area rather than a business coach. They can add their flavor and ideas into the mix at the same time as helping you move forward on this – two heads are better than one.

Matt
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hi Ray,
    I don’t know if your business is a family business or not. If it is, I can advise you to get in touch with FBA (Family Business Australia), which is a not-for-profit, member-based organization. It gives the members access to events, mentor possibilities and advisers on strategy. Also, by sharing experiences through other FBA members, you can avoid many mistakes in leading your business.
    I’ve been running a business for 4 years, but at the beginning we encountered a lot of difficulties, due to the lack of professional advices. That’s why we decided to joined FBA, and it really helped us!
    That’s why I recommended it to you!
    Check their websites http://www.fambiz.org.au/

TrainingMaterials
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi Ray

Have a look at here at our coaching skills course, its been designed to be used by small businesses who don’t want to spend big money hiring a soft skills trainer for a few hours. Our materials are easy to be used by anyone in the business. The course materials include trainer’s notes, power point presentations, comprehensive workbook for the participants and interactive exercises to implement the learning process.

We offer training materials on subjects such as Time management, Customer service skills, Conflict management, Handling difficult people, Project management, Client management, Team building, Assertiveness, Leadership skills, Presentation skills, Motivation and creativity, Persuasion skills, Interview skills, NLP and Stress management.

You can see free samples of all products http://www.skillsconverged.com/TrainingMaterials/tabid/246/Default.aspx.

I hope this is helpful and best of luck:-)

X Chelsea

Xperiences, post: 4534 wrote:
    Hi

New member .

Have been looking into getting help to implement systems into my business and have spoken to several business coaches,, all seem to want BIG $$$$$ for a few hours a month to assist.

Have a great small business going extremely well,what we offer is very popular just after implementing systems i can then duplicate in other areas;as looking to expand into other operational area’s ,,,

[email protected]
    Mobile 0400025509

Cheers

Ray

UncoverHiddenProfits
    • Total posts: 17
    Up
    Xperiences, post: 4534 wrote:
    Hi

New member .

[email protected]
    Mobile 0400025509

Cheers

Ray

Hi Ray,

I have been in the Small Business Mentoring space for nearly 20 years
    and you are not alone with the frustration of having to pay big chunks
    of money for simple advice. We have a lot of free and inexpensive resources
    to help you out at http://www.uncoverhiddenprofits.com
    There is one other thing that you won’t find on our site that just might be
    the specific answer to your challenge with procedures, we some time ago, created and online procedures manual that has a bunch of other bells and
    whistles that help you construct the best business model for the direction
    you want to head. Maybe it would help, worthwhile exploring. If you want you
    can contact me via the site and I would be happy to walk you through it

Hope this helps

Mick

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.