Home Forums Tech talk Small Business Set Up – query on what is needed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,158

Howdy All

Hope you are all great… My question is does anyone have a pointer on some research i can undertake to get a little insight into what i am up for BEFORE i take the plunge into a new warehouse regarding our IT set up?

Just want to be able to do some research and budgetary planning as well. So would be good to ‘see’ an ideal solution to pace cost out as well. Understanding that there is a plethora of options and requirements from me (client) perspective, any help would be appreciated…

Thanks in advance
    Jason

steve201
    • Total posts: 278

Hi Lucas

I’d imagine you going to have to decide the most appropriate mix of using online and offline IT infrastructure.

For example, if you make global payments to procure suppliers in other countries would you consider a solution like AFEX direct?

Or for ordering do you need an ERP or a smaller system?

Many of the online options for investment in warehouses are not labour intensive , fishbowl inventory is an example.

Thank you

Steve

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,472
    steve201, post: 267259, member: 13649 wrote:
    Hi Lucas

I’d imagine you going to have to decide the most appropriate mix of using online and offline IT infrastructure.

For example, if you make global payments to procure suppliers in other countries would you consider a solution like AFEX direct?

Or for ordering do you need an ERP or a smaller system?

Many of the online options for investment in warehouses are not labour intensive , fishbowl inventory is an example.

Thank you

Steve

[USER=34537]@LucasArthur[/USER] I don’t know much about warehousing solutions, but having spent 20 years of my IT life on Time critical real time computing systems. I would be very wary of any online solutions, which if they are offline (intenet out), your whole warehouse grinds to a halt. Sure online may be good for accounting systems, but if your picking and packing system is offline for a day and you cant get goods out for a client, you are dead in the water.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.